We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Howto erase mask in empty MaskedEditBox

Hi, I am using a MaskedEditBox with a mask for a GUID "{AAAAAAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAAAAAAAA}". Can I only show the mask when the cell-value is not empty? When the user does not enter data I want to get an empty string, when the user enters a value I want to get an string with mask. Regards, Christian

2 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team June 13, 2006 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Christian, I am not clear with your query.Are you using MaskEditBox as a cell type?Or do you mean the standalone control? Please let me know regarding this. Thanks, Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team July 14, 2006 07:47 AM UTC

Hi Christian, Our MaskedEditBox is designed for validation purpose with certain formats specified with the Mask property and this mask prevents you from entering invalid characters into the control.Currently this control does not support mask for the text entered as you have mentioned.However we will try our very best to include this feature in future. You can track the progress of implementation through the below given link. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1077 Thanks, Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon