We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell value not formatting properly

Hi there, I have a cell that doesn''t seem to be formatting the way it should. Here is the GridStyleInfo to string: CellValue = ''67.8'' Font.Size = 10 Font.Bold = True CellValueType = System.Double Format = "C02" From that I would expect to see $67.80 - but it comes out as 67.8. Another cell in the same grid has this style info: CellValue = ''12667.7'' Font.Size = 10 CellValueType = System.Double Format = "#,##0.00" It formats correctly, as 12,667.70. I notice that the CellValue has in front of it and the problem one does not - is this the reason? Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Cheers, TERRY ROSSOW

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2006 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Terry, The reason is that you are assigning the string value to the cell in a grid. You need to assign the double value to the cell in a grid. Here is a code snippet. // 68.7 is the double value. this.gridControl1[3,3].CellValue = 68.7; this.gridControl1[3,3].CellValueType = typeof(System.Double); this.gridControl1[3,3].Format = "C02"; Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon