We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

usage of Arc link

Hi, I am first time user of Syncfusion Diagram objects, I have created two rounded rectangle as follows RoundRect rr=new RoundRect(x,y,width,height); rr.Name=text; int childIndex=diagram1.Model.AppendChild(rr); diagram1.Referesh(); 1) can any one help me how to add arc link to the rounded Rectangle as created above, i have the child index of both the rectancle. 2) Can the arc connected between two rectangle have multiple drag points(the selection point where we can resize or repostion a shape), so that i can click and drag to change the arc shape. I noticed in the diagram sample there only two points(one in starting and other in end) for the arc

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2006 05:01 AM UTC

Hi Gokul, Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. As with your queries, you cannot create an ArcLink between Shapes and you can achieve this by creating Symbols. Please refer the KB articles that would demonstrate how to create custom Symbols.Refer the following link, http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/diagram/Default.aspx We have many standard User Interactive Tools available by which you can create Links, draw Shapes, etc.The Link is a special type of Symbol that has two built-in ports : HeadPort and a TailPort.The head and the tail define the direction of a Link.An ArcLink contains only two points and if you need to create links with more points then you can go with the OrthogonalLink. Please refer the CoolLinks sample ( Diagram.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\CoolLinks ) , that is featured with some of the pre-built Link types available in EssentialDiagram.It also demonstrates the use of EndPointDecorators. I have created a sample that creates an ArcLink between two custom Symbols, please let me know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Praveena.

ArcLink_Sample.zip

GG Gokulraj Gopinathan June 13, 2006 07:50 AM UTC

Hi Praveena, Thanks for your quick response. I tried the cool link sample with orthogonal links, it is creating a ployline and not a arc, am i missing any steps to create a arc with multiple points? >Hi Gokul, > >Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. > >As with your queries, you cannot create an ArcLink between Shapes and you can achieve this by creating Symbols. Please refer the KB articles that would demonstrate how to create custom Symbols.Refer the following link, > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/diagram/Default.aspx > >We have many standard User Interactive Tools available by which you can create Links, draw Shapes, etc.The Link is a special type of Symbol that has two built-in ports : HeadPort and a TailPort.The head and the tail define the direction of a Link.An ArcLink contains only two points and if you need to create links with more points then you can go with the OrthogonalLink. > >Please refer the CoolLinks sample ( Diagram.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\CoolLinks ) , that is featured with some of the pre-built Link types available in EssentialDiagram.It also demonstrates the use of EndPointDecorators. > >I have created a sample that creates an ArcLink between two custom Symbols, please let me know if you need any further assistance. > >Regards, >Praveena. >

ArcLink_Sample.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 11, 2006 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Gokul, My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. As per my update in the incident # 26102, we have a feature request logged already on this issue.The report ID is # 652 and you can track the progress of implementation through the following link, http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/diagram/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=652 Please stay assured that we will do our best to fix the issues at the earliest possible. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon