We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

strong name validation failed !!!!

im getting the message when im trying to run an application that uses Syncfusion controls. im trying to run the application on a customer computer. or when im deploying the application using clickOnce syncfusion started to be annoying!!!!!!!

6 Replies

JN Jayakumar Natarajan Syncfusion Team June 13, 2006 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Rotem, Sorry for the inconvenience. This happens only for the custom built assemblies. Please refer this KB for more details: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=16 Thanks, Jay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2006 06:14 AM UTC

Thanx alot, ill have a look

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2006 08:30 AM UTC

Hi, I did the exact as described in your reference and i get the same error strong key validation failed on syncfusion.shared.base am i missing something? Rotem,

JN Jayakumar Natarajan Syncfusion Team June 14, 2006 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Rotem, I need more details to analyze the issue: 1) Are you using the full version of the Essentail Studio? Or the eval version? Our records indicate that you have only an eval copy. 2) Normally ''strong name validaion'' error is thrown if you modify our library source code (C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.37\windows\Shared.Windows\Src) and deploy the custom libraries without signing with your own public/private key. Have you modified our src. code and built the libraries? Which dlls have you modified - like Syncfusion.Grid.Base.dll, Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll, Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll and Syncfusion.Shared.Windows.dll? Have you signed them all? You may use the following command to verify the assembly for strong name signature self consistency. It should say "Assembly Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll'' is valid". Sn -vf Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll In the AssemblyInfo.cs, did you specify the AssemblyDelaySign attribute to "False"? Also refer this help on deploying application: http://www.syncfusion.com/library/startedbase/distributingessential__________.html Regards, Jay

BG Bharat Gohil January 16, 2008 12:30 PM UTC

I am not modifying your code, but still get the error for Syncfusion.Tool.Window.dll

In AssemblyInfo.cs I do not have AssemblyDelaySign attribute specified.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team January 17, 2008 03:41 PM UTC

Hi Bharat,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio. You can get the AssemblyInfo.cs file of the Tools.Windows source from the below location.

${install_drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Tools.Windows\Src\assemblyinfo.cs

Please follow the below steps to build the source using the new private key.

1. Follow the instructions at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6f05ezxy.aspx to create your own private key
2. Copy the snk file created (for example eti.snk) to ${install_drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Tools.Windows\
3. Change the AssemblyInfo.cs under ${install_drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Tools.Windows\Src\ to point to this private key instead of the Syncfusion public key that it is pointing to by default:
[assembly: AssemblyDelaySign(true)]
[assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("../../../sf.publicsnk")]

Change above lines to
[assembly: AssemblyDelaySign(false)]
[assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("../../../eti.snk")]

4. Rebuild the Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll solution file Syncfusion.Tools.Windows_2005.sln in Release configuration. You will find the output at C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Tools.Windows\bin\Release.

5. You need to do this for all the sources of Syncfusion which you are making modifications.

Please try this and let us know if you need further help.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon