We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager & Web Browser

We just updated to the 4.2 libraries and I noticed a problem with the docking manager that didn''t exist before. In our application we have 2 panels that contain a .NET WebBrowser control (set to Fill the panels). Prior to 4.2 we could drag one floating panel over the other and dock them together, basically "stacking" them together to save space. But with 4.2 - the docking guides do not appear when you drag a window over top of any panel that contains the Web Browser control. I have created a test project to demonstrate. There are three panels, 1 with a Web Browser, 1 empty and 1 containing your HTMLUI control. The only one that has issues when you try to "stack" a panel on it is the one containing the Web Browser. We would much prefer to keep our current Web Browser implementation, so any workarounds or suggestions would be greatly appreaciated!

WebBrowserDockingTest.zip

2 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team June 8, 2006 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I was able to reproduce the issue here and have created a defect report regarding the same.We will address this as soon as possible.Here is the link to track progress of this fix. Defect #2194 - Docking diamonds are not showing, if we drag docked controls over docked WebBrowserControl We will inform you, if any workaround has been developed by us to overcome this issue. Thanks for bringing this issue into our attention. Regards, Joy

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team June 20, 2006 08:25 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan, We are glad to inform you that the defect 2194 has been fixed.Our next patch will contain the fix. Regards, Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon