We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrade issues w/ Diagram Package

I just upgraded to syncfusion 4.2, from 4.1 and am now having complie issues with the Diagram package. It looks like the Tool.Enabled and Tool.Active properties have now been removed. The LinkTool constructor no longer takes a string, but instead requires a DiagramController object. InsertNodesCommand no longer has the Location property. Are there any workaround for these?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2006 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Michael, Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. The Tool.Active is no longer valid and use Tool.InAction instead,which indicates whether the Tool is currently in action.Tool.Enabled has also been removed .The LinkTool constructor will take an instance of Diagram Controller as its parameter. Please refer the following code snippet, LinkTool orthogonalLinkTool = new LinkTool(this.diagram.Controller); orthogonalLinkTool.Name = "NewOrthogonaLinkTool"; orthogonalLinkTool.LinkFactory = new LinkFactory(this.CreateOrthogonalLink); this.LoaderGroupDiagram.Controller.RegisterTool(orthogonalLinkTool); // Activate the relevant Tool. this.diagram.Controller.ActivateTool("NewOrthogonalLinkTool"); This implementation has been demonstrated in the CoolLinks Sample( Diagram Windows\Samples\Quick Start\CoolLinks ).Please refer the sample and in particular the CreateAndRegisterLinkTools() method that will help you to have an idea about this. The InsertNodesCmd class has been modified in the latest version and the Location property is no longer valid. Also now it has two additional parameterized constructors and AddNode method. You can use either of the following code snippet, InsertNodesCmd inscmd = new InsertNodesCmd(); // Add the node to node''s collection participating in InsertNodeCmd . inscmd.AddNode(childnode,new PointF( 100,120)); (or) Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.InsertNodesCmd inscmd = new InsertNodesCmd( this.diagram1.Model, node , new PointF( xloc,yloc) ); I hope I have answered for all the questions.Please let me know if you have any further queries regarding this. Regards, Praveena.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2006 01:48 PM UTC

Thanks, Since the Enabled porperty has been removed, is there now a way to disable and enable tools? >Hi Michael, > >Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. > >The Tool.Active is no longer valid and use Tool.InAction instead,which indicates whether the Tool is currently in action.Tool.Enabled has also been removed .The LinkTool constructor will take an instance of Diagram Controller as its parameter. Please refer the following code snippet, > >LinkTool orthogonalLinkTool = new LinkTool(this.diagram.Controller); >orthogonalLinkTool.Name = "NewOrthogonaLinkTool"; >orthogonalLinkTool.LinkFactory = new LinkFactory(this.CreateOrthogonalLink); >this.LoaderGroupDiagram.Controller.RegisterTool(orthogonalLinkTool); > >// Activate the relevant Tool. > >this.diagram.Controller.ActivateTool("NewOrthogonalLinkTool"); > >This implementation has been demonstrated in the CoolLinks Sample( Diagram Windows\Samples\Quick Start\CoolLinks ).Please refer the sample and in particular the CreateAndRegisterLinkTools() method that will help you to have an idea about this. > >The InsertNodesCmd class has been modified in the latest version and the Location property is no longer valid. Also now it has two additional parameterized constructors and AddNode method. You can use either of the following code snippet, > >InsertNodesCmd inscmd = new InsertNodesCmd(); > > // Add the node to node''s collection participating in InsertNodeCmd . > >inscmd.AddNode(childnode,new PointF( 100,120)); > (or) >Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.InsertNodesCmd inscmd = new InsertNodesCmd( this.diagram1.Model, node , new PointF( xloc,yloc) ); > >I hope I have answered for all the questions.Please let me know if you have any further queries regarding this. > >Regards, >Praveena.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 4, 2006 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Michael, My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The Tool.Enabled in the latest version has been removed since we have only one tool to be active in a moment in the current scheme. If you want to change/deselect/deactivate the currently active Tool then you can use the Controller.ActiveTool property and set its value to null , which will automatically activate the SelectTool. Please, refer the following code snippet, // Activates the particular Tool. diagram.Controller.ActiveTool = /* particular Tool object */ // Automatically activates the SelectTool by default. diagram.Controller.ActiveTool = null; We have replaced the Tool.Enable/Disable property with the ActiveTool implementation in the latest version.If you run into any problem , please let us know the kind of problem you are encountering with. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon