We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

4.101.0.50 Edit control loading time

Hello support! Could you explain your plans about fixing issues Defect #959 - Improve the load time performance of EditControl Defect #2122 - Mouse cursor flickers when EditControl is loaded Now it takes several seconds for loading Edit Control on our customers'' computers and it makes them very angry and annoying.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2006 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Evgeny, Our apologies for the delay in addressing these issues. I have consulted the Edit development team regarding Defect # 2122.Our development team''s opinion is,long pending operations are performed while EditControl is loaded. The same behavior can be observed, for example, in Visual Studio when project is being compiled.Work is in progress on Defect # 959 ,I have also raised the priority of this defect, and will try our very best to resolve this issue at the earliest. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2006 01:56 PM UTC

According to #2122: I suspect that problem might be in the realization of StreamEditControl. When I do call sfEditControl.ApplyConfiguration(LanguageName); in my code Edit control internally calls constructor and methods in StreamEditControl. So I had default cursor, then it has been changed in StreamEditControl constructor to this.Cursor = Cursors.IBeam;, then probably there were calls ProcessOperationStart which set cursor to Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor; and ProcessOperationEnd which set cursor to Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default; If I have 3 Edit controls on my dialog there are at least 9 flicks: 3 ficks * 3 Edit controls.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2006 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Evgeny, I have consulted the Edit development team regarding the above mentioned issue and will update you with more information shortly. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon