We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Howto cancel finish-button in WizardControl

Hi, I am using a Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.WizardControl from Library Version 4.2.0.37. When the user presses the finish-button I want to do some action. This action could fail. Is there a way to cancel the finish operation? The event gets a System.EventArgs with no Cancel-Attribute. Same problem can occur with next and back-buttons. Currently I reset the SelectedWizardPage to the previous page in the Load-event of the next page. This is not possible for the finish-button. Regards, Christian

2 Replies

CL Christian Lützenkirchen June 3, 2006 04:54 PM UTC

Hi, I just must not set DialogResult ...... First think, then write .... Regards Christian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 5, 2006 06:43 AM UTC

Hi Christian, Thanks for using Essential tools. You can handle the BeforeFinish event in Wizard Control to cancel the action when clicking on the Navigation button(Finish). Here is the code snippet: private void wizardControl1_BeforeFinish(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { //Cancelling the Action when Finish button is clicked e.Cancel = true; } I have attached a sample for your reference: Wizard.zip Please take a look and let me know if this helps you. Best Regards, Seetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon