We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licensing Error

When we invoke the applicaton built with Syncfusion. Licensing Error popup. Syncfusion Licensing Runtime was not able to detect a valid licx file with an entry for Syncfusion controls in this project. Select ''Fix It'' to let the runtime correct this error automatically. Button 1 - View Diagnostic Button 2 - Fix It As far as I remember, before I use ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl'' the license popup window was not displayed I think some controls let the license error window pop up and some controls does not. I have been searching forum. My application file name is ''ExiLCTCfg.exe'' to create ''exilctcfg.exe.licenses'', I performed like the below. lc /target:ExiLCTCfg.exe /complist:licenses.licx /i:Syncfusion.Core.dll Not to be poped up at the start of the application, What should I do ? Compiler : Visual Studio 2003 Syncfusion Version : 4.1.0.51

1 Reply

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team June 3, 2006 08:08 AM UTC

Hi Yang, This ''Licensing Error'' message allows the user to start the licensing enabler to enable licensing for the currently selected (running) project (by selecting the ''Fix It'' option). Please Click FixIt. Two Dialogs - ''Syncfusion Licensing Enabler'' and the ''File Modification Dialogs'' will popup. Click ''ok'' in the first and Click ''Reload'' in the Second dialog. A corrected licenses.licx will be added to the project. Please note that you have to re-build and re-start your application. An incremental build does not correctly compile the licx file and will result in the same error being displayed even if the changes were made correctly. If you still find the ''Licensing Error'' popup repeatedly, then this may be a problem due to the licenses.licx not configured properly. Please follow the things shown below to avoid this, 1) Click the ShowAllFiles from the SolutionExplorer. Remove the license file that is created. Steps 2 and 3 are the same as the above. 2) Run the project. A ''LicensingError dialog'' will popup as mentioned by the customer. Click FixIt. 3) Two Dialogs - ''Syncfusion Licensing Enabler'' and the ''File Modification Dialogs'' will popup. Click ''ok'' in the first and Click ''Reload'' in the Second dialog. A new licenses.licx will be added to the project. 4) I would also recommend to remove the bin folder. Inorder to get a detailed insight about the Licensing Enabler utility, please refer the following Online documentation, http://www.syncfusion.com/library/startedbase/licenseenabler.html Please try the things shown above and let me know if this helps. Thank you, Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon