We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Increase performance when writing Excel documents

Hello! I am trying to increase the performance when I create an Excel document. It has many (hundreds) conditional formatting formulas, creates 30 worksheets (password-protected) and applies one of 9 styles to data. A team member suggested to find a way to supress calculation when creating and applying the conditional formatting formulas, but I saw in another post that the file creation is binary and that the calculation will be actually performed when Excel opens the file. Is this still correct with XlsIO? Can you provide us with some of your insight on possible tips and tricks to increase the performance? Thanks in advance!

4 Replies

EL Elsa June 1, 2006 01:36 PM UTC

I ran a performance analyzer on the application and 70% of the cycle time was taken by the Save() method.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2006 08:39 PM UTC

Hi Elsa, 1) Yes, you are correct in assuming that there is no calculation performed in XlsIO and that all calculation is done only when MS Excel opens the file. 2) Would it be possible to send us the file that is generated after applying all the conditional formats by opening a Direc-Trac incident. We could possibly reproduce the issue by just opening and resaving the file using XlsIO. Also, please provide the time taken currently. We are also currently working on optimizing the performance of XlsIO so we will try our best to improve performance as much as possible. Best regards, Stephen. >I ran a performance analyzer on the application and 70% of the cycle time was taken by the Save() method.

JK Juin Kar replied to Elsa April 8, 2018 03:42 PM UTC

Hello! I am trying to increase the performance when I create an Excel document. It has many (hundreds) conditional formatting formulas, creates 30 worksheets (password-protected) and applies one of 9 styles to data. A team member suggested to find a way to supress calculation when creating and applying the conditional formatting formulas, but I saw in another post that the file creation is binary and that the calculation will be actually performed when Excel opens the file. Is this still correct with XlsIO? Can you provide us with some of your insight on possible tips and tricks to increase the performance? Thanks in advance!

Thank you..

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team April 9, 2018 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Juin, 

Please refer to below documentation to know more on improving performance using XlsIO. 

If you scenario is different and couldn’t find any information, please explain it in detail. We will be happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon