We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is there any file size limit?

Hello, I would like to know which kind of size file EE engine allows to edit? Is there a virtual window like virtual list that allow really big file to be open? Is there some services deactivation council a certain limit reached? I'm looking for a an embedded editor but don't want it to monopolize all ressources to the detriment of the envelope app. At which cost things like outlining, color syntax, indicator are handling should condition my decision ... Thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Mathieu, There is no hard limit on the size of files that can be handled by Essential Edit. We have used Essential Edit successfully with files that have more than 1 million lines of code (>20 Megabytes). However, if the file size is too large, the virtual memory of your machine may be utilized by the Windows operating system, and then the responsiveness of Essential Edit will be affected. You may want to try a sample of Essential Edit with the files you need to handle and see if the performance is acceptable. Thanks for choosing Essential Suite. Syncfusion Support > > Hello, > > I would like to know which kind of size file EE engine allows to edit? > Is there a virtual window like virtual list that allow really big file to be open? > Is there some services deactivation council a certain limit reached? > > I'm looking for a an embedded editor but don't want it to monopolize all ressources to the detriment of the envelope app. At which cost > things like outlining, color syntax, indicator are handling should condition my decision ... > > Thanks >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon