We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Regarding Date X-Axis

Hi, I am not able to show the x-axis for date time properly. I wan to show the format like "dd/MM/yyyy, hh:mm:ss tt" The seconds are not shown in the graph and even date format it shows MM/dd/yyyy. I tried with the properites DateTimeFormat and Format property both but I am not able to do it. Please tell me if i am missing something. what i give normally is: this.Chart.PrimaryXAxis.DateTimeFormat = "d/M/y h:m:s t"; or this.Chart.PrimaryXAxis.DateTimeFormat = "dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt"; after that I give the Range. Is I am missing something? Thanks, Alok

4 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 30, 2006 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Alok, I am afraid I am not able to reproduce this issue. I have attached a sample which displays the X axis labels in the format "dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt". Could you please try running the same at your end and send me back the modified sample if still the problem exists? Also please let me know about the current version of Essential Studio you are using. F44624.zip Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Geetha

AL Alok May 31, 2006 08:56 AM UTC

Hi, I am not able to reproduce in your program. May be the problem is there when i specify thing in design mode. I am incuding the project I just tried to change few things in the design mode. Initially it was working fine but then after some time it shows me the same format even if i change the Datetimeformat. I dont know what all properties I changed but najorly i was working with two properties "Format" and "DateTimeFormat". You can see in above project now its not possible to get the format as desired like dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt. Further more for your information I am using 4.102.0.50 version in Visual Studio 2005. Thanks And Regards, Alok

WindowsApplication8.zip

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 31, 2006 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Alok, Thanks for the sample and information. Please try setting the SmartDateZoom property of the Primary X Axis as false to get the labels in the desired format. In the sample I saw this property set as True. Kindly let me know if this helps you. Regards, Geetha

AL Alok June 1, 2006 05:23 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for your information. It works now. But then I felt there is a bug that even if I change the value of SmartDateZoom to True, the date format in the x-axis doesnot changed, I need to change the format to something and then change the format to again to the required format, which should not be the case. Since there is the link between two properties the changes in any one of the property should change the UI of the graph accordingly. I think this is a very minor bug but then it can be taken care in next release since this is the nature of each control. Thanks for your gr8 support. Thanks and Regards, Alok

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon