We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

read only

i want only one column non editable grid grouping control because second column is a checkbox which we can not do not editable. i am setting the property dgDomainRename.TableDescriptor.Columns("DomainName").ReadOnly = True like that on form load but it is not working properly so plz tell me solution thanks

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 30, 2006 07:05 AM UTC

Hi brijeshkhare, Try this code dgDomainRename.TableDescriptor.Columns("DomainName").Appearance.AnyCell.ReadOnly = true Let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

BR brijeshkhare May 30, 2006 01:21 PM UTC

>Hi brijeshkhare, > >Try this code > >dgDomainRename.TableDescriptor.Columns("DomainName").Appearance.AnyCell.ReadOnly = true > >Let me know if this helps. >Best Regards, >Haneef i used this property but it is not working properly problem is that you can edit any cell of that column but when you will go another cell then it will show all text no problem means data will not be lost. so plz suggest me thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 30, 2006 01:53 PM UTC

Hi, Colud you try this code in grid''s QueryCellStyleInfo event to make a cell as readonly cell. Here is a code snippet. private void dgDomainRename_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e) { if(e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind == DisplayElementKind.Record && e.TableCellIdentity.Column != null &&e.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name == "DomainName") { e.Style.ReadOnly = true ; } } Please let me know if this helps. Regards, Haneef

BR brijeshkhare May 31, 2006 10:57 AM UTC

>Hi, > >Colud you try this code in grid''s QueryCellStyleInfo event to make a cell as readonly cell. Here is a code snippet. > >private void dgDomainRename_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e) >{ > if(e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind == DisplayElementKind.Record && e.TableCellIdentity.Column != null &&e.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name == "DomainName") > { > e.Style.ReadOnly = true ; > } >} > >Please let me know if this helps. >Regards, >Haneef hi haneef thanks but this problem is not being solved

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2006 11:08 AM UTC

Hi, I have tested this issue by creating a sample in v.4.1.0.50/4.1.0.64 and then again tested by upgrading to 4.2. I was not able to reproduce the issue.Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. If you can provide more information, we can try to suggest some solution. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/PerformanceSample_992dddd7.zip Could you please run this at your end and let me know how it goes? Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Product. Best Regards, Haneef

BR brijeshkhare May 31, 2006 11:53 AM UTC

hi haneef thanks for your quick reply i run your sample in our machine but your application also have same problem .remember that i am using 3.2 version of syncfusion.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2006 01:18 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. we are not able to reproduce the issue here. we have tried to reproduce this issue in the following environment: Windows XP with SP2, .NET 2.0/1.1 Framework and Essential Studio v3.2. Exactly what version of Windows XP are you using? Are you only installing Essential Grid or are you installing Essential Studio? Are you installing binaries only, or the source code version? What version of the .NET framework and VS are you using? Have you seen this on multipple systems? If you can provide more information, we can try to suggest some solution. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon