We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Controller.Execute fails, how i can get the reason ?

Hi! In certain situations the ExecuteCommand(InsertNodesCmd) on my Controller returns false! How i can get the reason (details) for this ? I have not found a event to get detailed information! The only information that i can get is, that Command.ResultNodes.Count==0.... thx werner

3 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 26, 2006 02:47 PM UTC

Hi, If possible could you please provide us some more informations about when you run into this problem. So that it will be easier for us to have a closer look into the issue. And referring to the Essential Diagram documentation will help you to get more details about what you are looking for. Thank you for your support to Syncfusion. Regards, Meera.

WM Werner Mairl May 26, 2006 04:27 PM UTC

Hi I have a code segment like this this._diagram.Controller.ExecuteCommand(insCommand) But the resul result of the function is false! (without exception) I want get the reason (as result/expression/property/event from the diagram/controller) why the Command is failed! i can use a property (why) a event (why) or any other mechanism to get the reason for this failure ? thx werner

WM Werner Mairl May 30, 2006 04:30 AM UTC

I have reviewed the latest source and i have found the right answer! => it is a big design error in the Controller/Command Code the code for bool ExecuteCommand(Command insertCommand) contains a codesegment like the following: if (conditionA==false) || (ConditionB==false)return false with this style of coding, my question (and i think that i am not the unique developer with this question) can not be answerded! the right syntx for this codesegemnt can be: if (ConditionA==false) throw new xxxException("ConditionA failed") if (ConditionB==false) throw new xxxException("ConditionB failed) with this code any developer can get the exact reason of the failed ExecuteCommand! werner

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon