We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with changing link shapes.

Hi, We have implemented a solution where we can change link shapes, e.g. from directed lines to orthogonal lines, from a context menu. This works fine, except from the fact the tha symbols have to be moved at least one pixel in order for the link to be aligned to the symbol edge and not to the center port. We have the AttachToPerimeter property set to true for the symbol. What we are doing is this: We first layout all the symbols, and thereafter it''s possible to change link shapes, without updating the layout. But as mentioned, in order for the links to really attach to the symbol''s perimeter and not to the center port of the symbol, we have to move the symbol. Is this a bug, or is there a solution for this problem, that doesn''t involve moving the symbol or link? / Henrik Stromberg

6 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team May 26, 2006 02:46 PM UTC

Hi Henrik Stromberg , I am sorry about this delay in responding. And I was not able to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned here. I have tested this issue by creating a sample application which draws a hierarchical tree layout to the diagram. The sample has a context menu which lets you change the The tree layout symbol has three ports named leftport,rightport and the Centerport. I have set Port.AttachAtPerimeter = TRUE for the left and right port and the center port has the true value for the AttachAtPerimeter property by default. This seems to be working as expected for me. Kindly look into the attached sample. And please modify the sample or post us some reproducing steps if you still run into any problem. We will be glad to assist you. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Meera.

Hierarchical_Tree_Layout.zip

HS Henrik Strömberg May 29, 2006 06:56 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the answer, but it doesn''t really solve our problem. We are not interested in simply changing the end point decorator, but to change the whole line. We are changing from directed lines to orthogonal lines and vice versa. We do this similar to the code in your orgchartlayout sample, where we calulate a new orthogonal path and remove all previous children in the link node and replaces them with the new polyline. It all works fine, except from the fact that the link doesn''t attach at the perimeter anymore, until being moved, and this isn''t so nice. We also only have one centerport, the default for a symbol. I don''t understand why you added a left port and a right port also. I hope this helps to clarify the problem... / Henrik Stromberg >Hi Henrik Stromberg , > >I am sorry about this delay in responding. And I was not able to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned here. I have tested this issue by creating a sample application which draws a hierarchical tree layout to the diagram. The sample has a context menu which lets you change the The tree layout symbol has three ports named leftport,rightport and the Centerport. I have set Port.AttachAtPerimeter = TRUE for the left and right port and the center port has the true value for the AttachAtPerimeter property by default. This seems to be working as expected for me. > >Kindly look into the attached sample. And please modify the sample or post us some reproducing steps if you still run into any problem. We will be glad to assist you. > >Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. > >Best Regards, >Meera. >

Hierarchical_Tree_Layout.zip

SH Shaun Haapala June 9, 2006 04:43 PM UTC

Hey Henrik, Did you find a solution to this? I''m trying to do the same thing you are and would really appreciate it if you would share any information on a possible solution. Thanks

HS Henrik Strömberg June 13, 2006 12:59 PM UTC

No, sorry, I think we still move the link, like one pixel, in order for it to attach at perimeter. Didn''t get a real solution for this... / Henrik >Hey Henrik, > >Did you find a solution to this? >I''m trying to do the same thing you are and would really appreciate it if you would share any information on a possible solution. > >Thanks

HS Henrik Strömberg June 13, 2006 12:59 PM UTC

No, sorry, I think we still move the link, like one pixel, in order for it to attach at perimeter. Didn''t get a real solution for this... / Henrik >Hey Henrik, > >Did you find a solution to this? >I''m trying to do the same thing you are and would really appreciate it if you would share any information on a possible solution. > >Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 4, 2006 01:14 PM UTC

Hello Henrik, Sorry for this delay in getting back to you on this issue. Owing to a sudden increase in our support load of late we were not able to get back to you on this issue. I apologize for the delay, and the inconvenience that this has caused. And please stay assured that we will provide you a timely response in future. I have spent some good amount of time on this issue and I was wondering that I was not able to reproduce the issue. If possible could you please post us a small sample application which shows the condition that you have raised here? So that it will help us to have a closer look into the problem. Thank you for your support to Syncfusion products. Regards, Meera.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon