We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problems with DockingManager in Usercontrol

Hello! I am using Essential Studio 4.1.0.62 and Framework version 2.0. When i use a dockingManager in a usercontrol i have a few problems: 1. I can not dock any controls in design mode 2. When i dock the child controls in code it works but when i move a control at runtime it undocks and i can not dock it again. Is it posible that the dockingManager works on a usercontrol like on a form? this were really great.

5 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 25, 2006 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Michael , Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Syncfusion do give same design time support to usercontrols as in forms.Docking can be enabled by changing the extented property of the controls. I have attached a sample which has a UserControl with docking layout in it.Please compile that project and open in designer view and let me know if you had any issues regarding this. It would be helpful ,if you give us your machine configuration along with the particular scenario. Regards, Joy

sample42.zip

MI Michael May 29, 2006 04:17 AM UTC

In your sample the docking support at design time does not work in the usercontrol! But it works when you put the usercontrol on a form. And i have a new problem when i enable the property persistState in the usercontrol it does not work and i get an error i the designer:"Type has not property with the name PersistState."

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 29, 2006 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Michael , Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 1.We were able to reproduce the design time issue in usercontrol.Our development team is now working on that issue and will fix it soon. As a workaround please switch between the code window and designer window to get design time support(drag and drop) in user control. For more details refer the attachment. Drag and drop in usercontrol 2.The property PersistState is used to store and retrieve dockstate automatically between application instances.That is, it will store the dockstate at the time of closing the Form and restores at application startup.So it is supposed to use when the dockingmanager is associated with forms only. If you want to store and retrieve the dockstate in the usercontrols, you need to use the SaveDockState and LoadDockState methods of DockingManager. Please let me know, if you have more queries. Regards, Joy

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team June 8, 2006 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Michael , We have fixed the issue with drag drop in usercontrol.Our next patch will contain the fix. Regards, Joy

MA Malarvizhi Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 02:50 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

We fixed the drag and drop in usercontrol issue with our latest patch. could you create the Direct Trac incident to obtain the patch.

Regards,
Malarvizhi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon