We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to open a form by clicking on a groupbar item

Am new to these tools. This should be very basic to everyone else. Couldn''t find in documentation. Need a simple example of how to open a VB2005 form after clicking on an individual Groupbar Item (not the main group). The examples are very good and filled with lots of things; I can''t seem to locate this. Thanks very much.

3 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 24, 2006 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, As I have understood from your requirement, you want to open a new form when clicking on a GroupViewItem not the groupBarItem as you have mentioned. The control present in the client area of a groupBarItem (group) is GroupView which contains groupViewItems. You have to handle the GroupViewItemSelected event and check for the selected item and write the code for creating a form as shown below Private Sub GroupView1_GroupViewItemSelected(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles GroupView1.GroupViewItemSelected If (Me.GroupView1.SelectedItem = 0) Then frm = New Form2() frm.MdiParent = Me frm.Show() End If End Sub I have attached a VB 2005 sample. In the sample, if you click on the first groupViewItem (GroupViewItem0), it will open a new mdi form. Please let me know if I have missed anything. Thanks for using Essential Tools. Regards, Mano f44426_GroupBar.zip

JB Jeff Baygents May 25, 2006 02:22 AM UTC

Thanks for the code Mano. Your attached example doesn''t work for me. Apparently you''re on a different version of Syncfusion. I''m using the current "production" released version. You might be using a newer beta/RC version. I get about 15 errors when I attempt to run the project or view the opening form.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2006 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, Sorry for the Inconvenience caused. I have again attached a sample: GroupBar.zip please take a look and let me know if it works for you. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Seetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon