We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disable selection of some items in a drop down - client side

Hi, I want to present a table (for a timesheet). I''m new to the suite of ASP.NET controls Syncfusion supplies. I want to present a possible solution and seek feedback as to whether it is possible. Here goes: Use a repeater control, within this control present a 2 drop downs and 8 text boxes. The first dropdown will present a list of items. Some items in this list cannot be selected - they are there for information. I think I can use the Syncfusion dropdown to check the selection and not allow it if not allowed. Could you provide a sample for this? The second drop down will change it''s contents dependent on the selection in the first dropdown in the current row. The other items will just need some simple validation of the numbers entered, i.e. numeric, between 0 and 24. Validator controls can be used for this. Pointers to samples would be of great assistance in understanding the technology (AJAX etc) especially for the first drop down. Thanks, Nick

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 08:22 PM UTC

Nick, You mention: "The first dropdown will present a list of items. Some items in this list cannot be selected - they are there for information. I think I can use the Syncfusion dropdown to check the selection and not allow it if not allowed. Could you provide a sample for this?" - By "dropdown", do you mean the "DropDown" control in toolbox? Actually, that cannot be reused. But, we will be introducing a PopupControlContainer in 4.2 (this week) which will providing similar "dropdown" functionality. - And I suppose you mean a list of links (for example) in a div, with some of them disabled? And this div being hosted inside the dropdown? - If some of the links above are disabled hten that would automatically prevent the user from making teh selection. We might be missing something, so please elaborate on this. - AJAX could be used to popuplate the 2nd dropdownlist based on the 1st dropdown selection. Is this what you meant? - A set of screenshots will also be very useful. Thanks Praveen Ramesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Praveen I haven''t developed anything yet. By dopwdown I mean something like a combo box in Win Forms. I''ll send a screenshot sometime later this evening. >Nick, > >You mention: > >"The first dropdown will present a list of items. Some items in this list cannot be selected - they are there for information. I think I can use the Syncfusion dropdown to check the selection and not allow it if not allowed. Could you provide a sample for this?" > >- By "dropdown", do you mean the "DropDown" control in toolbox? Actually, that cannot be reused. But, we will be introducing a PopupControlContainer in 4.2 (this week) which will providing similar "dropdown" functionality. > >- And I suppose you mean a list of links (for example) in a div, with some of them disabled? And this div being hosted inside the dropdown? > >- If some of the links above are disabled hten that would automatically prevent the user from making teh selection. We might be missing something, so please elaborate on this. > >- AJAX could be used to popuplate the 2nd dropdownlist based on the 1st dropdown selection. Is this what you meant? > >- A set of screenshots will also be very useful. > >Thanks >Praveen Ramesh >

NZ Nick Zdunic May 23, 2006 02:32 PM UTC

I have attached a Winforms version of the form. I would like to achieve as much functionality in ASP.NET. The leaf items in the first drop down are the only ones selectable. >Hi Praveen > >I haven''t developed anything yet. > >By dopwdown I mean something like a combo box in Win Forms. > >I''ll send a screenshot sometime later this evening. > >>Nick, >> >>You mention: >> >>"The first dropdown will present a list of items. Some items in this list cannot be selected - they are there for information. I think I can use the Syncfusion dropdown to check the selection and not allow it if not allowed. Could you provide a sample for this?" >> >>- By "dropdown", do you mean the "DropDown" control in toolbox? Actually, that cannot be reused. But, we will be introducing a PopupControlContainer in 4.2 (this week) which will providing similar "dropdown" functionality. >> >>- And I suppose you mean a list of links (for example) in a div, with some of them disabled? And this div being hosted inside the dropdown? >> >>- If some of the links above are disabled hten that would automatically prevent the user from making teh selection. We might be missing something, so please elaborate on this. >> >>- AJAX could be used to popuplate the 2nd dropdownlist based on the 1st dropdown selection. Is this what you meant? >> >>- A set of screenshots will also be very useful. >> >>Thanks >>Praveen Ramesh >>

Grid9.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2006 07:12 PM UTC

Nick, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The screnshot helps. Yes, you can put togather something like that using our PopupControlContainer. Have you downloaded 4.2 yet? If not please do so: http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v4.2.0.37/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe I will get someone from Sales to email you the key to unlock this. Once you install it, browse to our ASP.Net Sample Browser and view the "Tools.Web/PopupControlContainer/Popup Selection And events" sample. There you will see a "dropdown" paradigm implemented. You will have to put togather something like that with your own dropdown button image and stuff. Do let us know if you need help. Regards, Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2006 07:17 PM UTC

Nick, I see that you do already have the unlock key info for 4.2. If you have problems let us know. Regards, Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon