We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Host a DockingManager inside a ToolStripContainer

Hi, is it possible to use the new .NET 2.0 ToolStripContainer in combination with the DockingManager (docking inside the ContentPanel)? I need to use the ToolStripContainer since some of my MDI-Forms rely on the Menu Merging provided by the new .NET features. But i would love to use the Vs2005 style docking inside my application. (same applies for your nice tabbed MDI feature)

3 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 04:37 PM UTC

Hi Arno, DockingManager extended property will be enabled for a control, only if the control is hosted in a Form/UserControl which contains the DockingManager instance. So if you want to dock a control inside the ToolStripContainer, you have to add a control and docking manager an UserControl and the Usercontrol should be added into the ToolStripContainer. I have created a sample which illustrates the above functionality. Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you have any other questions. Regards, Vijay WindowsApplication2.zip

AN Arno Nuehm November 19, 2007 05:36 PM UTC

Hello Anand

are u mad or wat??
use some sense man...
damn dont waste my time with all this crap..
check out ur sample again u fool..

Arno

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team December 29, 2007 12:21 AM UTC

Hi Arno ,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. You can achieve this behavior in our latest version. We have implemented a lot of features and bug fixes in v.6.1. I would like to recommend you to upgrade to this version.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Unlock key :
Please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

The DockingManager do support ToolStripContainer and ToolStrip like any other controls.You could enable docking by changing the extented property EnableDocking to true.

Please refer to the below sample that demonstrates this completely.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F44345/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon