We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Scrollbar issue with virtual grid

I have an issue with the virtual grid, version 3.2.1.0: If I place the grid on a control and doc the grid to the top and then set autoscroll of the control to true, I can use the control''s scrollbars to scroll up and down the grid control. The problem arises when I scroll down several pages and then click on a combobox to expand it. The Control''s scrollbar then jumps to the top and the combobox renderer draws the expanded combobox in the wrong location. Please refer to the small example attached. The relevant form is form2. Thank you Albie

ScrollbarIssue.zip

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Albie, Setting the current cell position to the button clicked cell in the gridControl’s CellButtonClicked event handler (in the UserControl1 class) will solve the mentioned issue. Below is the code snippet. private void gridControl1_CellButtonClicked(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellButtonClickedEventArgs e) { this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.SetPositionNoActivate(e.RowIndex,e.ColIndex); } Regards, Calvin.

AL Albie May 23, 2006 08:23 AM UTC

Thank you Calvin, for the helpful hint. This does work on the example that I sent you, but I have modified the example solution to better represent my setup. The Control, now consists out of a grid, with a tab just below it that also contains a grid. The problem is that when I select a cell in the top grid and then scroll down and select a cell in the bottom grid (contained in the tab) the scrollbar jumps to the top. The same also happens if I select a cell in the bottom grid and then select a cell in the top grid. Any ideas on this? Regards Albie

ScrollIssue2.zip

AL Albie May 23, 2006 08:24 AM UTC

Thank you Calvin, for the helpful hint. This does work on the example that I sent you, but I have modified the example solution to better represent my setup. The Control, now consists out of a grid, with a tab just below it that also contains a grid. The problem is that when I select a cell in the top grid and then scroll down and select a cell in the bottom grid (contained in the tab) the scrollbar jumps to the top. The same also happens if I select a cell in the bottom grid and then select a cell in the top grid. Any ideas on this? Regards Albie

ScrollIssue20.zip

ScrollIssue21.zip

ScrollIssue22.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Albie, This is a default functionality of Windows Forms and the .NET Framework. Try the attached user control which has two multi line text boxes in the place of the grid and the same behavior can be seen. Regards, Calvin.

UserControl1.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon