We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AppStateSerializer, MainFrameBarManager & QuickCustomize

Is there a way to use AppStateSerializer with a MainFrameBarManager to save the user''s QuickCustomize settings (e.g. turn off/on a BarItem)? I have tried it and it only appears to save the Bar''s docking attributes.

2 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 19, 2006 03:26 PM UTC

Hi Don, The SaveBarState/LoadBarState methods persist the positional information of the menus/toolbars only. Hiding/showing or adding/removing BarItems/toolbars amounts to menu customization and the MainFrameBarManager''s protected methods - LoadCustomizationInfo/SaveCustomizationInfo handle this. You have to derive a custom mainframeBarManager and use these methods to persist customization. Set the following properties to false and then load the state from a serialized file. This way all the state persistance is done to the same xml file. this.mainFrameBarManager1.AutoLoadToolBarPositions = false; this.mainFrameBarManager1.AutoPersistCustomization = false; Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if you have any questions. Thank You, J.Nagaraj QuickCustomization.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2006 07:15 PM UTC

Thanks, that does the trick. I really appreciate how responsive you guys are to questions.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon