We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Convert Doc to Pdf

Hi, I downloaded you last trial version 4.1.0.62. When I tried to convert a doc into a pdf file, I saw some things: - I can convert only documents created by Essential DocIO (not other created by Microsoft Office); - If the document have a header, footer or pagebreaks, that will no apear in pdf file. I saw a topic for that forum (https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=42133), I copied the libraries from that sample, and I saw that now the header and pagebreaks will apear, but footer still not apear. Please let me know if I can convert documents cretaed by Microsoft Word and how I can set the footer to apear in pdf files. Thank you, Irina.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2006 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Irina, Thank you for considering Syncfusion Essential DocIO. Yes, we do have support for converting both documents [ created by DocIO and Microsoft office word ] into PDF document. Regarding the footer issue, I am able to reproduce this issue. I have filed a bug report with development team and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience. However I have created a word document by MS Word and I converted it to PDF document. Here is a sample link for your reference. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DocToPDF_f007d954.zip Sample : DocToPDF.zip Please test the sample with the latest assemblies that you have and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Prabhu.

IR Irina May 23, 2006 09:44 AM UTC

Hi, First I want to thank you for the sample. It works. Now I saw another strange thing. I tried to format the text of the paragraph, but for the textcolor, there are some colors that apear in document created, but if I convert doc to pdf, the colored text will appear written with black color. Please let me know if there is another way to do that. I wrote this: IParagraphStyle titleStyle = (ParagraphStyle)myDoc.AddStyle(Styles.ParagraphStyle, "titleStyle"); titleStyle.CharacterFormat.TextColor = Color.Blue; myParagraph.AppendText("Title"); myParagraph.ApplyStyle("titleStyle"); So for Blue, Red and another couple of colors, the text will not appear written in corect way. Also please tell me if you can all exception of this conversion, otherwise I must tell all possibilities. Thank you, Irina Butu. >Hi Irina, > >Thank you for considering Syncfusion Essential DocIO. > >Yes, we do have support for converting both documents [ created by DocIO and Microsoft office word ] into PDF document. Regarding the footer issue, I am able to reproduce this issue. I have filed a bug report with development team and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience. However I have created a word document by MS Word and I converted it to PDF document. Here is a sample link for your reference. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DocToPDF_f007d954.zip > >Sample : DocToPDF.zip > >Please test the sample with the latest assemblies that you have and let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, >Prabhu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2006 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Irina, Thanks for the sample code. I was able to see the problem and noticed that the problem was in DOC to PDF conversion with header and footers, styles and formatting, text alignment and bullets and numbering. I have created a high priority bug report with the development team and I will get back to you as soon as a fix is available. The defect id is # 1786. Here is Link as a reference to track the status of this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, Prabhu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon