We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

A valid license cannot be granted for the type

Hi, We are using Syncfusion suite 2.0.5.1 for more than a year. Yesterday out of blue, we started to experience this problem: A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel error. The exception details: System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information. at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridListControl..ctor() at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.DataComboIndexControl.CreateControl() at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.DataComboIndexControl.get_PopupDataGrid() at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.DataComboIndexControl.SetControlProperties(Index idx) at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.DataComboIndexControl..ctor(Index index, DocumentManager dm) at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.IndexControlFactory.CreateIndexControl(Index index, Boolean readOnly, DocumentType docType, DMIndexes param) at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.QueryConditionControl.CreateValueControl() at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.QueryConditionControl.CreateDynamicControls() at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.QueryConditionControl.SetState(ConditionState newState) at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.QueryConditionControl.set_CurrentState(ConditionState value) at Sage.DocumentManagement.UI.RolloverLinkLabel.OnEnter(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.NotifyEnter() at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.UpdateFocusedControl() I checked the licenses.licx file, it goes as: Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ProgressBarAdv, Syncfusion.Shared, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid, Syncfusion.Grid, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelRWConfig, Syncfusion.ExcelRW, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram, Syncfusion.Diagram, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl, Syncfusion.Edit, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl, Syncfusion.Chart, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl, Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Grouping.GroupingConfig, Syncfusion.Grouping, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 The weird thing is, the error does not always happen. It only occurs when running a certain form in a certain way. Other times, it works ok. I am having difficulty pin point the problem. Any suggestions, leads are highly appreciated. Thanks zheng

5 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 05:01 AM UTC

Hi Zheng, In the licenses.licx file you have posted, the license information for the GridListControl is missing. Please try the methods shown in the knowledgebase article below to make an entry for the GridListControl in the Licenses.licx file. < a rel='nofollow' href="http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=22">http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=22 licx.zip Hope this helps you. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Nanda

ZL zheng lin May 22, 2006 09:45 PM UTC

Hi, Nanda, Thanks for the info. However the problem persists after I add the license for GridListControl. My licenses.licx now looks like: Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelRWConfig, Syncfusion.ExcelRW, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl, Syncfusion.Chart, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid, Syncfusion.Grid, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridListControl, Syncfusion.Grid, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Grouping.GroupingConfig, Syncfusion.Grouping, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl, Syncfusion.Edit, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl, Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram, Syncfusion.Diagram, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ProgressBarAdv, Syncfusion.Shared, Version=2.0.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 One reason that makes me believe this is not the cause of the problem. Essentially, our code create a GridListControl dynamically using the "new" constructor when user enters a certain area of a form. The weird thing is, the license problem comes up only if one use the mouse to right click on the area. Everything works fine if user use the "tab" key to tab into the area. I assume if it is due to the lack of entry for GridListControl, it will fail either way. Any guidance is appreciated? By the way, is the license control affected by threading? Thanks. zheng >Hi Zheng, > >In the licenses.licx file you have posted, the license information for the GridListControl is missing. > >Please try the methods shown in the knowledgebase article below to make an entry for the GridListControl in the Licenses.licx file. > >< a rel='nofollow' href="http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=22">http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=22 > >licx.zip > >Hope this helps you. > >Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Nanda

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Zheng, Typically this error occurs when the license file contains incomplete information. Try the below steps to see if that helps. Delete the licenses.licx file and add a "dummy" form in your project, and then add some Syncfusion controls onto the form. You could delete the form once the licenses.licx file is regenerated. And then rebuild your project and run it and let us know how it goes. No, the license is not affected by threading. Regards, Calvin.

ZL zheng lin May 23, 2006 06:15 PM UTC

Thanks, Calvin, for responding to me. It didnt help however to regenerate a licenses.licx file. After all, the same scenario works on developer machine perfectly fine. Even on the QA''s machine, the same code works under conditions I am not sure of. How can that be affected by the licenses.licx file, what I shall be looking for? Essentially, if I have a licenses.licx generated and compiled with an assembly, I should be able to call GridListControl ctl = new GridListControl anywhere within the assembly, correct? Right now it will cause license exception except when it is called from certain event handlers of certain form on the QA machine. Any idea? Thanks. zheng >Hi Zheng, > >Typically this error occurs when the license file contains incomplete information. Try the below steps to see if that helps. > >Delete the licenses.licx file and add a "dummy" form in your project, and then add some Syncfusion controls onto the form. You could delete the form once the licenses.licx file is regenerated. And then rebuild your project and run it and let us know how it goes. No, the license is not affected by threading. > >Regards, >Calvin. >

ZL zheng lin May 24, 2006 07:01 PM UTC

More information: I manage to debug into Syncfusion code, it reveals that: In Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense() method, it invokes a GetLicense() method on the type Syncfusion.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider type, which returns a FusionLicense instance. The content in the instance however is different. In the use case that causes the exception, when running on developer machine(where it always works), it returns a FusionLicense with key "E35D0F4B1C0C7AD9" and the owner property is syncfusion.grid In the use case that a GridListControl can be created, it returns a FusionLicense with key as "INTERNAL" and the owner is Syncfusion.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider Any idea about these? Thanks. zheng >Hi Zheng, > >Typically this error occurs when the license file contains incomplete information. Try the below steps to see if that helps. > >Delete the licenses.licx file and add a "dummy" form in your project, and then add some Syncfusion controls onto the form. You could delete the form once the licenses.licx file is regenerated. And then rebuild your project and run it and let us know how it goes. No, the license is not affected by threading. > >Regards, >Calvin. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon