We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabControlAdv slow SelectedIndexChange processing can cause tab to move

If I have a TabControlAdv with a SelectedIndexChange event, and in that event I do some processing (such as loading data for the tab that was just selected), the tab control will move the selected tab based on the mouse''s position when the SelectedIndexChange event is complete (I assume it is tracing the mouse down-up position delta and moving the tab accordingly). If I call Application.DoEvents() at the end of the SelectedIndexChange it doesn''t seem to do this.

5 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 19, 2006 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Don, Sorry for the delay in responding. TabControlAdv activates a tabPage when mouse click (mouse down event) occurs in the tab bounds. For some reason, we could not reproduce the problem. Could you please send us a sample and needed steps to reproduce. It would help us to resolve this issue. Thanks for using Essential Tools. Regards, Mano

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2006 07:53 PM UTC

Done, see direct-trac #25598

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Don, Thanks for creating a Direct-Trac incident and the sample provided. We are currently working on this issue. You will be updated through Direct-Trac as soon as possible. Regards, Mano

HK Harsha Kalidindi September 8, 2006 07:59 PM UTC

Was this fixed?

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 11, 2006 03:28 PM UTC

Hi,

This issue is not fixed yet. After further investigation of this issue, we have to refactor the TabControlAdv source completely (which includes mouse processing logic, selecting\activating TabPages) to fix this issue, as the tab move behavior strongly depends on the mouse-up point.

As previously mentioned, you can set UserMoveTabs property to be false to avoid this issue.

Thanks,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon