We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Import data from an opened excel file

Hi, I can import data from excel without problem, but if the excel file is already opened in Excel, it throws me an exception. Could you please tell me how can i do that, now i have to close the file in excel before opening it and importing data from the file, Thanks in advance

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2006 04:24 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 1) Please refer to this thread for a possible workaround http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=35645 2) The upcoming version 4.2 has a inbuilt method for opening a file already open by MS Excel IWorkbook myWorkbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.OpenReadOnly("Template.xls"); Please let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >I can import data from excel without problem, but if >the excel file is already opened in Excel, it throws me an exception. >Could you please tell me how can i do that, now i have to close the file in excel before opening it and importing data from the file, > >Thanks in advance >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon