We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Cloning

Hi, How do i clone a setting of a grid and apply it to a different grid. The requirement i have is cloning a hierarchial grid and apply the exact setting to a differernt grid whose datasource is different. Regards Yogi

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 17, 2006 05:42 AM UTC

Hi Yogi, The grid.InitializeFrom method can be used to clone the hierarchial grid. this.gridGroupingControl2.InitializeFrom(this.gridGroupingControl1); Regards, Calvin.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 17, 2006 02:25 PM UTC

Tks Calvin for the reply. But i am using Hierarchial Grid Data Bound and not Groupning Control. So how do i implement cloning with Hierarchial Griddata bound ? Regards Yogi >Hi Yogi, > >The grid.InitializeFrom method can be used to clone the hierarchial grid. > >this.gridGroupingControl2.InitializeFrom(this.gridGroupingControl1); > >Regards, >Calvin.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2006 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Yogi, The Hierarchical GridDataBoundGrid can be cloned by cloning the GridBoundColumns/InternalColumns in each HierarchyLevel. Here is a sample. Regards, Calvin.

CloneHierarchialGrid.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon