We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Reading a True/False value from a Formula cell.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

44147 May 15,2006 02:26 PM UTC May 19,2006 01:15 PM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: XlsIO
Benoît Verreault
Asked On May 15, 2006 02:26 PM UTC

I work with VB.NET Here is my problem : My spreadsheet contains a checkbox object that feeds it''s true or false value to a cell. When I try to access it''s value from a different cell that links to it with a formula, I can''t get the result for both the FormulaNumberValue and FormulaStringValue don''t return any value that I can work with. Exemple : My checkbox objet feeds a True of False value to the sheet Wallet(E,24). My formula is in another sheet Transfert(B,13) and the formula is : Wallet!E24 Result when using FormulaNumberValue : -1.#QNAN Result when using FormulaStringValue : Nothing Is there something I am not thinking of that could help me solve my problem ? Thanks in advance.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 18, 2006 04:31 PM UTC

Hi Benoît, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was able to see the problem and have filed a bug report with the development team. You can track the status of this issue here http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2095 Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. >I work with VB.NET > >Here is my problem : > >My spreadsheet contains a checkbox object that feeds it''s true or false value to a cell. When I try to access it''s value from a different cell that links to it with a formula, I can''t get the result for both the FormulaNumberValue and FormulaStringValue don''t return any value that I can work with. > >Exemple : > >My checkbox objet feeds a True of False value to the sheet Wallet(E,24). My formula is in another sheet Transfert(B,13) and the formula is : Wallet!E24 > >Result when using FormulaNumberValue : -1.#QNAN >Result when using FormulaStringValue : Nothing > >Is there something I am not thinking of that could help me solve my problem ? > >Thanks in advance.

Benoît Verreault
Replied On May 19, 2006 01:15 PM UTC

Thank you Stephen. For now I use a regular expression to extract the Worksheet and the Cell from the formula and use a second IWorksheet item to fetch the value from it''s source and it doesn''t seem to be slowing much the process, but I will definatly keep a close eye on the tracking of the issue. Have a good day.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;