We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Chart Performance Problem

Hi, we have also a big problem with the performance of ChartControl. Until now we used the free NPlot library <>. But since we bought essential studio we thougt we can now use a more comprehensive (and faster) chart library. But unfortunately we discoverd now that essential chart library is not very fast or we do not know all the trick to make it fast. We have to create an application that works like an oscilloscope and shows a "real time" function graph. The "real time" values are produced by a plc. For simulation purposes we created a simple example of our needs. Running the example we saw a permanent cpu-workload between 60% and 100%. After applying all optimizations from <> we have a workload between 10% and 30%. (much better) But the same example with the NPlot-Chart has a workload between 1% und 12% (all on a 3GHz PC) I attached two samples (one with each library). Are there further tricks to optimize the performance of the chart library? Or is there a general fault in our programming? At the moment we can''t use the chart library for our needs because the application has to run on a terminalserver with up to 15 instances and therefor less cpu-workload is very important. Maybe someone can give us a hint. Greetings, Klaus

PLC-Demo2.zip

1 Reply

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 16, 2006 02:23 PM UTC

Hi Klaus, Thanks for the sample you attached here. Please find attached the modified sample. I am afraid that calling the Update is not needed for this sample (as it has less number of points). Also setting the DropSeriesPoints property to true will help the chart to render faster and I could see with the above changes the CPU usage is between 3% and 15%. PLC-Demo SyncfusionChart.zip Note: It seems you are using Essential Studio version 4.1.0.62 This optimization is included with version 4.1.1.3 and is available for download in the following link: ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v4.1.1.3/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe Please let us know if this helps. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon