We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Control remove key shortcuts without having a contextmenu

Hi, I''m using Syncfusion v4.101.0.50 edit control. Everything works fine so far. I disabled the default contextmenu and I''m showing my own contextmenu when te user right clicks on the edit control. Still, the keyboard shortcuts are enabled (e.g. CTRL + O, CTRL + S, etc.). How can I disable them? I already tried the implementation provided via the knowledgebase "How do I disable keyboard shortcuts for the EditControl?", but it won''t work, since I haven''t assigned a contextmenu ;-). Thanks. Yours Christian!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 13, 2006 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Christian, It is possible to disable the keyboard shortcuts for the EditControl using the RegisteringDefaultKeyBindings event. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Because of a known issue in v4.1.0.50 this workaround will work only in our latest version. Please create a Direct-Trac incident if you would like to receive the latest version. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

ContextMenu0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon