We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

hierarchy data

It''s possible to implement the Grid to display the hierarchy data? It''s just kind of combination of the tree view and a listview. For example, a company has global warehouse, and it''s distributors around the world by region, country, and ....The sales data is going to be displayed like: May June July Aug - Main warehouse -North America -USA -Canada -Europe -Germany So the columns are the same for all the nodes in the tree ( Root, SubNode, ...Leaf Node) Thanks. Hui

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2006 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Hui, Please refer to the forum thread below, which will help you. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=43356 Also, Please refer to the Hierarchy sample in the browser samples shipped with the product \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.64\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical sample Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Haneef

HZ Hui Zhong May 11, 2006 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Haneef: I already checked those examples before. My scenario is much simple compared with those examples. I don''t want to use the databound grid in this case, just populate the grid based a composite object, and columns for all nodes are the same. The data displayed is like a Treeview + ListView format. Thanks. Hui >Hi Hui, > >Please refer to the forum thread below, which will help you. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=43356 > >Also, Please refer to the Hierarchy sample in the browser samples shipped with the product >\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.64\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical sample > >Please let me know if you have any other questions. > >Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. >Best Regards, >Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2006 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Hui, This browser sample displays an ordered flat datasource as a tree. Here the flat means that all rows in the datasource will contain the same columns. The ordered means that no row can be a child of a row with a higher row number. Every row has an indentation value associated with it. Given any row, only those rows adjacent (from below) to the given row with higher indentation values that are considered sub nodes in the tree for the given row. The first row following the given row with an indentation value the same or lesser than the given rows indentation value is not treated as a subnode of the given row. The implementation uses a CollapsibleDataSource class. This class has an Array object that holds an Array of SampleData objects (think of each of these objects as a row in the underlying grid). Each SampleData object has an IndentValue property, an ExpandState property and an Items string array that holds the different column values for this row. If you want to use a Virtual Tree Grid to hold your data, you will have to modify this SampleData class to use your data instead of the generic sample data that it provides. For more details,See the browser sample \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.11\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\VirtTreeGrid Please refer to the attached sample for more details(it implements sorting). http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/TreeCellSort_cec5da54.zip Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon