We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

enabling checkbox

Hello All, if a column from datasource has a value of 1 the unbound checkbox column for that record should be enabled and if it''s 0 it should be disabled ...... What could the solution be ? Thanx

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2006 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Cheryl, You need to handle the QueryCellStyleInfo event to enable/disable the record in a groupingrid.Here is a code snippet. Record r = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentRecord; if( r != null) { object obj = r.GetValue("Check"); //Check is the name of the unbound check box column if( obj != null && obj.ToString() != string.Empty) { int checkValue = (int)obj; if( checkValue == 1) { e.Style.Enabled = true; } else e.Style.Enabled = false; } } Please let me know if this helps. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Haneef

CH cheryl May 11, 2006 06:25 AM UTC

hello haneef I''ll rephrase the question if a column from datasource has a value of 1 the unbound checkbox column for that record should be checked on form load and if it''''s 0 it should be unchecked ...... What could the solution be ? Thanx >Hi Cheryl, > >You need to handle the QueryCellStyleInfo event to enable/disable the record in a groupingrid.Here is a code snippet. > >Record r = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentRecord; >if( r != null) >{ > object obj = r.GetValue("Check"); //Check is the name of the unbound check box column > if( obj != null && obj.ToString() != string.Empty) > { > int checkValue = (int)obj; > if( checkValue == 1) > { > e.Style.Enabled = true; > } > else > e.Style.Enabled = false; > > } >} > >Please let me know if this helps. > >Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. >Best Regards, >Haneef > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2006 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Cheryl Through the Record.GetValue() method the value of the record can be retrieved. Here is a small sample which gets the value from a bound column(from Datasource) in a grid (the column name is ''value'') and changes the value of the unboundcheckbox column (the column name is ''CheckBox'' ) in a grid. In the QueryCellStyleInfo event, the record''s value is retrieved as an object(o). With the object, the value of the unboundcheckbox column is changed through Record.SetValue() method. The code for the QueryCellStyleInfo event is as follows. Record r = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentRecord; if( r != null) { object obj = r.GetValue("Value"); if( obj != null && obj.ToString() != string.Empty) { int checkValue = (int)obj; if( checkValue == 1) { r.SetValue("CheckBox","True");//Set the value of unbound column; } else r.SetValue("CheckBox","False");//Set the value of unbound column } } Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/UnboundCheckboxGridGroup_CS_b9ba14f1.zip Please let me know if i am missing something. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Haneef

CH cheryl May 12, 2006 06:47 AM UTC

hello haneef it''s working perfectly .......... thanx a lot >Hi Cheryl > >Through the Record.GetValue() method the value of the record can be retrieved. Here is a small sample which gets the value from a bound column(from Datasource) in a grid (the column name is ''value'') and changes the value of the unboundcheckbox column (the column name is ''CheckBox'' ) in a grid. In the QueryCellStyleInfo event, the record''s value is retrieved as an object(o). With the object, the value of the unboundcheckbox column is changed through Record.SetValue() method. The code for the QueryCellStyleInfo event is as follows. > >Record r = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentRecord; >if( r != null) >{ > object obj = r.GetValue("Value"); > if( obj != null && obj.ToString() != string.Empty) > { > int checkValue = (int)obj; > if( checkValue == 1) > { > r.SetValue("CheckBox","True");//Set the value of unbound column; > } > else > r.SetValue("CheckBox","False");//Set the value of unbound column > } >} > >Here is a sample. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/UnboundCheckboxGridGroup_CS_b9ba14f1.zip > >Please let me know if i am missing something. > >Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. >Best Regards, >Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon