We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC: Force AddNewRecord row to be added to datasource

Hi, I''m using a GGC which allow user to key in records through the AddNewRecord row. When the user click the save button after finish filling up the columns at the AddNewRecord row with out pressing the "ENTER" key, it won''t update the datasource. Is there anyway i can force the GGC to add the newly added record to the datasource without pressing the "ENTER" key. I''ve tried gridgroupingcontrol1.Table.EndEdit() and it doesn''t work. Thanks in advance :)

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2006 12:20 AM UTC

Hi Wye Jin, By default if you are editing an AddNew record and on clicking the button (unless the Button.CausesValidation is set to false), the data will be updated to the DataTable. Calling the Table.EndEdit() will take care of the issue. Also in addition to that try calling: this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentRecordManager.EndEdit(); I tried reproducing the similar behavior in the attached sample. You could see when the new record is added, changes are reflected in the other Grid which is bound to the same DataTable. Can you help us reproduce the issue in the sample? Also what version of the Grid are you using? Best regards, Jay forum_43881.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2006 12:21 AM UTC

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 8, 2006 02:44 AM UTC

Thank you so much Jay!! It works!! :)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon