We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AutoComplete is very slow

hi, im using autocomplete to get an item of a very large database. to improve speed, i only populate the datasource after 4 characters, so i get only 20 - 100 items. private void textBoxA_Name_TextChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { TextBox t = sender as TextBox; if (t.Text.Length == 3) { try { string sql = "Select adressid, Matchcode, Adressname, strasse, laenderkennzeichen, Postleitzahl, Ort, Telefon, Fax, Email, longitude, latitude, Vorname, Nachname from Adressen where Adressname like ''"; if (barItemAdressVolltextsuche.Checked) sql += "%"; sql += t.Text+"%''"; SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(sql, DataLayer.connectionstring); DataTable dt = new DataTable(); da.FillSchema(dt,SchemaType.Mapped); da.Fill(dt); DataView dv = new DataView(dt); dv.Sort = "Adressname"; // System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ds.GetXml()); autoComplete1.BeginInit(); autoComplete1.ResetHistory(); autoComplete1.DataSource = dv; autoComplete1.EndInit(); System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(dt.Rows.Count + " adressen gefunden"); } catch (Exception ex) { MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString()); } } else if (t.Text.Length < 3) { DataTable dt = new DataTable(); autoComplete1.DataSource = dt; } to allow the user to use a full text search instead of the build in search of the autocomplete control, i extended the autocomplete class like this: class MyAutoComplete : Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AutoComplete { public bool Volltextsuche = true; protected override int PopulateListWithMatches(string currentText, ref DataView listDataView) { try { if (!Volltextsuche) return base.PopulateListWithMatches(currentText, ref listDataView); if (TableData != null) { DataTable dt = TableData; if (dt.Columns.IndexOf(MatchColumnName) > -1) { currentText = currentText.Replace("''",@"''''"); currentText = currentText.Replace("*",""); listDataView = new DataView(dt); listDataView.RowFilter = MatchColumnName + " like ''*"+currentText+"*''"; return listDataView.Count; } } } catch (Exception ex) { MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString()); } return 0; } } my problem is, after pressing a key, the autocomplete redraws and it''s slow on a regular pc and very slow on a terminal server. i want to suppress redrawing / filtering if the user typing fast. if the user stopps typing, i want to fire PopulateListWithMatches and redraw the Autocompleate Control. That should be very fast.

14 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team May 9, 2006 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Christian, Sorry for the delay in response.I am looking into this and will get back to you soon. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. Best regards, Anu.

CP Christian Pogea May 12, 2006 09:53 AM UTC

hi, any progress on this behaivor, now? > >Hi Christian, > >Sorry for the delay in response.I am looking into this and will get back to you soon. > >Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. > >Best regards, > >Anu. >

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team May 13, 2006 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Christian, Sorry for the delay in response. I have not reproduced the problem yet.I am currently working on a sample to reproduce your issue. Thanks, Anu.

CP Christian Pogea June 26, 2006 09:12 AM UTC

hi, any progress on the sample???

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team June 26, 2006 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Christian, My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are currently working on this and I will give you an update by tommorrow for sure. Thanks, Anu.

FZ frank zappa June 27, 2006 03:17 PM UTC

hello, Im also waiting for the sample.When will it be available.My work is getting slower because of this. Frank

CP Christian Pogea July 3, 2006 12:52 PM UTC

we are still waiting for any solutions

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team July 4, 2006 03:02 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the extended delay in getting back to you. We are currently unable to provide a solution for this through any changes in sample code.However we are working on this and our developer has informed us that he will put a fix for this at the earliest and as soon as it is fixed,we will include this in a service pack and provide you . Thanks for your patience. Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2006 07:14 AM UTC

For this answer you should have not made us wait this long time. Nowadays no proper response from syncfusion. We are greatly disappointed to hear such response from you people. regards, franklin

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team July 14, 2006 05:03 PM UTC

Hi Franklin, We regret very much for the inconvienience caused. I will discuss with our developer regarding this and will put a solution for this issue at the earliest. Thanks, Anu.

CP Christian Pogea August 8, 2006 12:35 PM UTC

>Hi Franklin,
>
>We regret very much for the inconvienience caused.
>
>I will discuss with our developer regarding this and will put a solution for this issue at the earliest.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Anu.
>
>

any news about this problem?

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team August 8, 2006 07:54 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in providing you a fix.

Our developer has promised us a fix within one week and we kindly request you a week more to provide you the solution.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Anu.

MD Marcos Dalles August 21, 2006 08:49 PM UTC

Hi, people,

We are currently experiencing the same problem the developers reported above.

Could you send us the fix too ?

We´ll be very grateful.

Here we´re using v. 4.2.0.37 of Essential Studio.

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

>Hi Christian,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in providing you a fix.

Our developer has promised us a fix within one week and we kindly request you a week more to provide you the solution.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team August 22, 2006 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Everyone,

We have made the necessary changes for this issue in our upcoming version 4.3.We are almost done with the build and our final testing is going on right now.As soon as we complete this,we will be sending out the link to download.

We thank you all for your patience.

Best Regards,

Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon