We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sorting by display member

Hi I have a GroupingGrid and a column of combobox type. when i try to sort it, it sorts w.r.t value member but i want to sort it w.r.t display member. Thanks Mitesh

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Mitesh, Please refer to the below forum thread that deals with a same issue. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=39048 Regards, Calvin.

MB Mitesh Bulsara May 15, 2006 01:04 PM UTC

Hi, Was not quite able to understand that sample. I am sending you a sample. If you click on Sort column in the sample, it doesn''t sort Alphabatically but by value member. Please suggest what should be done to sort it alphabatically or by display member. Regards Mitesh. >Hi Mitesh, > >Please refer to the below forum thread that deals with a same issue. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=39048 > >Regards, >Calvin.

SampleSorting.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2006 06:20 AM UTC

Hi Mitesh, In the above given forum link, sorting by the display member is achieved when using the ForeignKeyReference. I have modified your sample as mentioned in the above given forum link to get sort by the display member. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Calvin.

SampleSorting2.zip

MB Mitesh Bulsara May 17, 2006 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Calvin, Now its working but there are some issues pertaining to my project where this approach will not work. I would sincerely appreciate if you help me out in sorting the same sample using Custom Comparer/ CustomBucketComparer or some other way. Regards Mitesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2006 05:37 AM UTC

Hi Mitesh, Here is a sample with custom sorting. Let us know if this serves your need. Regards, Calvin.

CustomSort.zip

MB Mitesh Bulsara May 23, 2006 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Calvin, This is exactly what i needed. But is it possible that we set the Comparer at the time of loading the grid itself rather then setting it everytime when the event is fired. I hope you understood what i want. Thanks Mitesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon