We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

NullReferenceException in SizingController.get_Floating()

Our application for no apparent reason crashed with the following exception: --------------------------------------------- System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SizingController.get_Floating() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabController.HandleMouseUpImp(MouseButtons button, Point ptclient) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabControlAdv.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabControl.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) --------------------------------------------- It''s a bit puzzling, because we do not even subscribe to mouse events for any TabControlAdv controls, which we are using in our app. I cannot reproduce it on my dev machine... We are using Essential Studio 3.2.1.0 with .NET 1.1...

6 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 09:51 AM UTC

Hi Ernest, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I was not able to reproduce the issue.But I have created a sample and attached here.Please modify that to bring the issue.It would be great help in resolving this problem. Regards, Joy

sample35.zip

ER Ernest May 5, 2006 07:48 PM UTC

Hi Joy, What exactly do you expect me to do with the sample? I already specified that we do not subscribe to those Mouse events and I do not have a way to reproduce the failure or to find out what caused it. Without going to the source code of SizingController.get_Floating() method I don''t have any clue why that method may throw this exception. Regards, Ernest

EB Ernest Bayazitov May 5, 2006 10:16 PM UTC

Hello Joy, I''ve modified your sample with a code, which closely simulates the way we use TabControlAdv control (please see the attached project). I cannot reproduce the failure, but as you will be able to see we are not using any mouse click events, so any crashes in MouseUp event handlers occur inside the TabControlAdv code. BTW, the failure was reported on dual-proc machine (XP Pro), with enabled hyper-threading. Thanks, Ernest

sample37.zip

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 9, 2006 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Ernest, Thanks for your update. I have tested sample in a machine which have the same configuration which you mentioned in your post.But I was not able to reproduce any issues(Exception).Without reproducing the issue ,it is very hard for us to give you a solution. Could you please give us the sequence of operations which can reproduce this exception? Thanks for your co-operation. Regards, Joy

EB Ernest Bayazitov May 9, 2006 05:57 PM UTC

Hi Joy, The modified sample I''ve uploaded last time very closely resembles the sequence of operations which lead to this exception in a first place. I''m sure that the cpu was very loaded at that time (close to 90%), running the process in question and a few more, power hungry processes. I cannot reproduce it at will and don''t have any suggestions on how to trigger it, because we are not using the control''s functionality, which thrown the exception, in our code at all. Only code review of that function could reveal the conditions which could lead to a crash. Regards, Ernest

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 10, 2006 01:59 PM UTC

Hi Ernest, I was not able reproduce the issue again. The DockTabControl is inherited from the TabControlAdv.That is why the stack trace refers to TabControlAdv. Could you please upgrade to our latest release 4.1.0.62 and check for this issue? Here is the link to 4.1.0.62 4.1.0.62 Regards, Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon