We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ConditionalFormats to affect another cell

Hi! Can a conditional format affect a different cell that may or may not be in the same worksheet as the cell with the conditional format? If so, how is this accomplished? Thanks! Elsa

3 Replies

EL Elsa May 5, 2006 03:24 PM UTC

Now I understand conditional formatting a bit better. The cell that has the conditional formatting will be affected by the logical value of one or more cells. I am trying to use your ConditionalFormats property and refer to named ranges like this: //Applying conditional formatting to "A7" for format type as CellValue( LessOrEqual) sheet.Range["A7"].Text = "Show"; IConditionalFormats condition6 = sheet.Range[ "A7" ].ConditionalFormats; //Adding formats to IConditionalFormats collection IConditionalFormat condition7 = condition6.AddCondition(); condition7.FormatType = ExcelCFType.Formula; condition7.FirstFormula = "=OR([Value1] = 0, [Value2] > 0, [Value3] = 13)"; sheet.Range["A7"].Text = "Either Value1 = 0 or Value2 > 0 or Value3 = 13"; //Setting format properties. condition7.Color = ExcelKnownColors.White; I am getting an error "Can''t parse formula." It doesn''t seem to understand "Value1" or "[Value1]." How can I fix this? Thanks, Elsa >Hi! > >Can a conditional format affect a different cell that may or may not be in the same worksheet as the cell with the conditional format? If so, how is this accomplished? > >Thanks! > >Elsa

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 08:46 PM UTC

Hi Elsa, I was able to see some limitations in our conditional format formula support but I was able to work around these issues, here is the modified sample code that works workbook.ThrowOnUnknownNames = false; lname = workbook.Names.Add("Value1"); lname.RefersToRange = sheet.Range["A1"]; lname = workbook.Names.Add("Value2"); lname.RefersToRange = sheet.Range["A3"]; lname = workbook.Names.Add("Value3"); lname.RefersToRange = sheet.Range["A5"]; IConditionalFormats formats = sheet.Range["A7"].ConditionalFormats; //Adding formats to IConditionalFormats collection IConditionalFormat condition7 = formats.AddCondition(); condition7.FormatType = ExcelCFType.Formula; condition7.FirstFormula = "=OR(Value1=0,Value2>0,Value3=13)"; //Setting format properties. condition7.BackColor = ExcelKnownColors.Red; sheet.Range["A7"].Text = "Either Value1 = 0 or Value2 > 0 or Value3 = 13"; Notes on the modified code 1) Please add the names to the workbook and not to the worksheet. 2) There should be no empty space in a formula Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen.

EL Elsa May 23, 2006 04:19 PM UTC

This did it. Thank you!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon