We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Slow loading with a diffferent font

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

43828 May 4,2006 01:57 PM May 8,2006 03:51 PM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Pierre-Luc Boulet
Asked On May 4, 2006 01:57 PM

Hello ! I created a grid that needs to have the possibility hide and show some columns at will. All those things work fine, but now, in some textbox cells, I need to change the displaying font to Courrier, for the characters widths to be the same. I use this : Me.gridControl1(2,2).Font.Facename = "Courrier" after I added this part, the whole loading time of the application is slowing down, and it takes about 2 seconds to hide columns where it was hiding instantly before the Font change. Am I doing this correctly?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 4, 2006 11:50 PM

Hi Pierre, The problem is that there is no font by name “Courrier” and so an internal exception is being thrown when trying to set the font face name to "Courrier". Please try the below code and let us know if it works fine. Me.gridControl1(2,2).Font.Facename = "Courier New" Regards, Calvin.

Pierre-Luc Boulet
Replied On May 8, 2006 03:51 PM

wow, thanks .... I guess my french got in the way on that one it now works perfectly

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;