We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

FloatControl doesn''t make new ctrl visible

This is a change from older versions, in the source you can see that when doing the float it now passes false into the show state. Is this a bug or do i need to change the way i call the code public virtual void FloatControl(Control ctrl, Rectangle rcscreen) { // Pad the rcscreen value for the floating form''s caption height and border widths Size bordersize = SystemInformation.FrameBorderSize; rcscreen.Height += SystemInformation.ToolWindowCaptionHeight + (bordersize.Height*2) + 2; rcscreen.Width += (bordersize.Width*2) + 2; // The DockHost borders add on 2 pixels DockHostController dhc = this.GetDockHostController(ctrl); if(dhc == null) { if(this.alEnableDocking.Contains(ctrl) == false) this.alEnableDocking.Add(ctrl); // Create a new dockhost for this control and set the initial pos to be floating DockHost dhost = this.CreateDockHost(ctrl); Debug.Assert(dhost != null); dhc = dhost.InternalController as DockHostController; dhc.DINew = new DockInfo(null, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Fill, -1, 0, DockPreference.None, rcscreen); dhost.DragRectangle = rcscreen; dhc.CreateFloatingFrame(rcscreen.Location, false);

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2006 11:43 AM UTC

as a follow up to demonstrate this problem if you modify the SimpleCode docking sample and move the call to InitializeDockingWindows into a uttonclick handler ie create docks etc after the form has been shown then the floating windows will not appear... i dont think it had thios problem in the 50 build...

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 03:42 AM UTC

Hi Peterainbow, Please let me know the version of Essential suite and .net framework which you are using now. Regards, Joy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 08:08 AM UTC

the latest version of 4.1.0.62

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 10:12 AM UTC

Hi Peterainbow, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This was a known issue with the version 4.1.0.62.We have fixed this and patch is available for download.Please create a DirectTrac incident to obtain link. Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Joy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 10:18 AM UTC

are there any other fixes in this patch?

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 11, 2006 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Peterainbow, I have attached a list of bugs fixed and features implemented in our latest patch 4.1.0.71 regarding DockingManager.Please let me know if you need more information. Regards Joy

bug list_docking_71.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon