We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

New version

Hello, We are using another 3rd party app to handle merging of our enterprise data into a pdf template that we predefine. We currently use many other Syncfusion controls in our application and we are thinking of using your pdf piece if it can meet our needs. Our current solution wipes out all document and page level javascript in our pdf template. This creates a problem as we would like to use calculated form fields in the pdf template. Once the data is populated we are unable to trigger a calculation within acrobat. Couple questions: 1. Will your tool allow us to merge data from our database via Vb.net into the pdf template? 2. Will we be able to setup javascript to fire on page open events/actions inside of acrobat to call a calculate on the newly populated form fields in our template? Let me be more specific, we know how to set these scripts up, will your product wipe out the page events/actions that we set up? Thanks, Matt Morgan

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2006 07:25 PM UTC

I would love a sample of the new features if it is available. I am running Framework 1.1 and Syncfusion 2.1.0.9 mmorgan@unitedequity.biz is my email. If you need anything else just drop me an email. Thanks, I am looking forward to trying out your pdf tools. >Hello, > >We are using another 3rd party app to handle merging of our enterprise data into a pdf template that we predefine. We currently use many other Syncfusion controls in our application and we are thinking of using your pdf piece if it can meet our needs. > >Our current solution wipes out all document and page level javascript in our pdf template. This creates a problem as we would like to use calculated form fields in the pdf template. Once the data is populated we are unable to trigger a calculation within acrobat. > >Couple questions: > >1. Will your tool allow us to merge data from our database via Vb.net into the pdf template? > >2. Will we be able to setup javascript to fire on page open events/actions inside of acrobat to call a calculate on the newly populated form fields in our template? Let me be more specific, we know how to set these scripts up, will your product wipe out the page events/actions that we set up? > >Thanks, > >Matt Morgan > >

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Matt, Sorry for the delay in getting to you. There are several new features coming up in the 4.2 version of PDF including Digital Signature, Improved RTL, Filling forms, HTML to PDF and Merging/Splitting/Stamping existing documents, Action support in document open and form field action triggers. The 4.2 beta release will be available in a week time frame. Regarding the sample I will update you soon. Thanks, Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Matt, I have send an update through email. Please take a look at that and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Ajish. >Hi Matt, > >Sorry for the delay in getting to you. There are several new features coming up in the 4.2 version of PDF including Digital Signature, Improved RTL, Filling forms, HTML to PDF and Merging/Splitting/Stamping existing documents, Action support in document open and form field action triggers. The 4.2 beta release will be available in a week time frame. Regarding the sample I will update you soon. > >Thanks, >Ajish. > >

MM Matt Morgan May 8, 2006 06:00 PM UTC

Ajish, I did not see that email. Would you mind sending it again. Thanks, Matt mmorgan@unitedequity.biz > >Hi Matt, > >I have send an update through email. Please take a look at that and let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, >Ajish. > >>Hi Matt, >> >>Sorry for the delay in getting to you. There are several new features coming up in the 4.2 version of PDF including Digital Signature, Improved RTL, Filling forms, HTML to PDF and Merging/Splitting/Stamping existing documents, Action support in document open and form field action triggers. The 4.2 beta release will be available in a week time frame. Regarding the sample I will update you soon. >> >>Thanks, >>Ajish. >> >>

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team May 9, 2006 08:55 AM UTC

Hi Matt, I have send an update to the following address mmorgan@unitedequity.biz again Regards, Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2006 06:48 PM UTC

Ajish, When is the beta of 4.2 going to be available? Will it be possible for me to use the PDF piece with another verison of the syncfusion tools? Or will I have to update everything to the 4.2 beta? Thanks, Matt >Hi Matt, > >I have send an update to the following address mmorgan@unitedequity.biz again > >Regards, >Ajish. >

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team May 17, 2006 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Matt, Sorry for the delay in getting to you. You can use the PDF piece with another version of the Syncfusion tools. Regarding the 4.2 beta release it should be available within this week. Thanks, Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon