We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Copy/paste for multiple columns

Hi, I am working on syncfusion GroupingGrid. i want to have copy/paste functionalities for multiple columns for that grid. Somewhat like what we have in MS excel. Kindly suggest some way for it. Thanks, Mitesh

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2006 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Mitesh, Please refer to the below forum thread that deals with a similar issue. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38604 Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Calvin.

MB Mitesh Bulsara May 2, 2006 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Calvin, I have tried that earlier itself. it is not exactly what i want. The sample copies all the columns. i have 8 columns. i have to select 3 editable columns and rest non editable. i have to copy those 3 editable columns of one row and paste the same to the next row. Regards Mitesh >Hi Mitesh, > >Please refer to the below forum thread that deals with a similar issue. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38604 > >Let us know if you need any further assistance. > >Regards, >Calvin.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2006 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Mitesh, To select multiple cells and not the entire row comment the this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; in the sample. private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { ................ ................. this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource = dt; //setting 1 //this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; //this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.None; //setting 2 // //this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any; } Regards, Calvin.

MB Mitesh Bulsara May 2, 2006 02:27 PM UTC

Hi Calvin, Actually i have set ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to SelectAll. My project requires the whole text to be selected whenever user comes to that column. Now my problem is when i select multiple columns the one which has the focus has all the text selected and it is being copied. So is there any event or something that is triggered when some columns are selected so that i can set ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to None there. -Mitesh >Hi Mitesh, > >To select multiple cells and not the entire row comment the this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; in the sample. > >private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) > { > > ................ >................. > this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource = dt; > > //setting 1 > //this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; > //this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.None; > > //setting 2 > // //this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; > this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any; > } > > >Regards, >Calvin.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2006 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Mitesh, The TableModel.SelectionChanged event can be handled and there you can deactivate the current cell. Below is a code snippet. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.SelectionChanged += new GridSelectionChangedEventHandler(TableModel_SelectionChanged); //Add handler private void TableModel_SelectionChanged(object sender, GridSelectionChangedEventArgs e) { if(e.Range.Info != string.Empty) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell; cc.Deactivate(false); } } Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon