We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can we do the same as microsoft

I join you an image of what i am trying to do. I want to use the group box in xp theme on your TabControlerExt with xp theme, but i don't succeed to do the same as microsoft, trying to use the background of the groupbox transparently to see the back of the TabControlerExt;I have the same problem with my label. You will find what i do :-) and what i want to do thanks a lot

3 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team May 9, 2003 03:45 PM UTC

This is a problem with the themes support in windows. You cannot have themed child controls on a parent with themed bg. This is in fact discussed here: http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=uWYxJGaFDHA.2392%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dflatstyle%2Bpraveen%2Bgroup:*dotnet*%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26as_qdr%3Dd%26selm%3DuWYxJGaFDHA.2392%2540TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl%26rnum%3D1 Bottom line is that in the tab pages, your child controls should not be set to use themed BG, but they should be set to draw transparent (themed and transparent is not supported as discussed above). Also, we have enabled this support only in a later version of Tools, if you have 1.5.2.0 that might not work, let me know what you have. Regards, Praveen

AN Alexandre Nicholas May 9, 2003 06:37 PM UTC

I am using the 1.5.2 trial version. I am now sure to buy the next 2.0. This components are wonderful. incredible work you did

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team May 12, 2003 03:49 PM UTC

Glad to know that you like our products!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon