We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Underlines incorrect for accelerator keys

Hi, using Windows XP and the ''Hide underline letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key'' option, the underlines for accelerator keys in menus are displayed as expected (i.e. as set up in the designer). However, if you are running Windows 2000 and/or change this option then the underlined letters in the menus do not correspond with those in the designer. For example, underlines may not appear or appear on menu items that are not expected to have them, etc. Although, they do still execute the correct action when activated. This is using Syncfusion 4.1.0.50. Is this is a known issue or is there a work-around? Cheers, Barry.

8 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Barry, We are currently working on this issue. I will update you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Mano

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 1, 2006 04:37 AM UTC

Hi Barry, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have tested this issue in Win 2000, using VS 2003 and Essential Studio v.4.1.0.50. For some reason, we are not able to reproduce the problem here. The underline characters are shown correctly, when I press the ''Alt'' key. Could you please send us the sample which shows this issue? It will help us to reproduce this issue. Please refer to the attached screenshot of XPMenus MDI sample, which I have used for testing. LowQualityImage.zip Thanks for your patience. Regards, Mano

BW Barry Wilkins May 3, 2006 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Mano, Thanks for your quick response. I am using VS2005 and .Net 2.0.50727. We did not observe this problem with .NET 1.1. Regards, Barry.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 4, 2006 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Barry, We will test this issue using VS2005 in Win 2000 machine and let you know as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Mano

BW Barry Wilkins November 15, 2006 05:49 PM UTC

Its now November 2006. Any update on this issue?

>Hi Barry,
>
>We will test this issue using VS2005 in Win 2000 machine and let you know as soon as possible.
>
>Thanks for your patience.
>
>Regards,
>Mano

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team November 16, 2006 12:17 AM UTC

Hi Barry,

We are currently working on this issue and I will update you regarding this issue within a day or two.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Tools.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

BW Barry Wilkins February 13, 2007 02:54 PM UTC

Its now February 2007. Any update on this issue?

>Hi Barry,

We are currently working on this issue and I will update you regarding this issue within a day or two.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Tools.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 15, 2007 02:12 PM UTC

Hi Barry,

I regret for the delay in responding.

I tested this issue using VS 2005 and Essential Studio Version 4.1.0.50 in Win 2000 machine. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce this issue. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

I tested this issue using the XP Menu MDI sample provided in the Samples folder.

Could you please try running the sample and if still the problem exists, kindly try reproducing the issues with the sample and send it back to me so that it would help me to find out the cause of the issue.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Golda

mneumonics.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon