We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager Forms Dock problem

Hi, Syn v4.102.0.62, VS 2005 I have attached a sample to demonstrate MDI Application. When I try to dock the usercontrols dock works fine, but windows form the form is hangging inside the dockpanel, i donot want the form''s control buttons and other things in title bar. Thanks, Dhans

MDIAppTest.zip

19 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Dhans, You could achieve your requirement by setting the form''s border style. doc.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None; I have modified your sample and attahced here.Please take a look into that and let me know, if you need further assistance. Also please refer this knowledge base article for more details. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Joy

MDIAppTest_modified.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Joy, This is works, Thanks for your response. Regards, Dhans

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 12:37 PM UTC

Versions -> Sync v4.1, .NET 2.0, and VS 2005 I am using docking manager and tabbed mdi manager for a MDI application. When i frist try to dock the child form it flickering. I do not want that flicker. How do i fix this flicker. I have attached a sample to demostrate the flickerring. Thanks in advance, Dhans

FormFilker.zip

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 04:24 PM UTC

Hi Dhans, You could use the LockHostFormUpdate and UnLockHostFormUpdate method to prevent the flickering while creating a new form as the following. this.dockingManager1.LockHostFormUpdate(); dockingManager1.DockControl(form, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Fill, 0); dockingManager1.SetAsMDIChild(form, true); dockingManager1.SetControlSize(form, size); dockingManager1.UnlockHostFormUpdate(); I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks, Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 03:28 AM UTC

>Hi Dhans, > >You could use the LockHostFormUpdate and UnLockHostFormUpdate method to prevent the flickering while creating a new form as the following. > > >this.dockingManager1.LockHostFormUpdate(); > dockingManager1.DockControl(form, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Fill, 0); > dockingManager1.SetAsMDIChild(form, true); > dockingManager1.SetControlSize(form, size); > dockingManager1.UnlockHostFormUpdate(); > > >I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you need further assistance. > >Thanks, >Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 04:04 AM UTC

Thanks for your quick response Vijay. I have a user control in Bottom panel of the child form, which is docked to Bottom. When i add this child form to MDI manager. The user control is not visible in other than newly added form. I have attached the sample application.

UserControl_Visiblity.zip

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Dhans, Thanks for the update. Please try to change the DockControl statement as the following statement: dockingManager1.DockControl(form, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Left, 200); Here I have replaced the DockingStyle as Left instead of Fill, since the Fill style is created for internal purpose only. And also you have to specify the size of the Docking control through DockControl method. Because DockingManager initiates the docked control sizes through DockControl method only. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 06:00 AM UTC

I have changed the Dock Style to Left, Still the User Control at the bottom of the child(Other than newly added) form is NOT visible. But i could see the same user control, if i maximize my main form. I have used syncfusion flowlayout in my usercontrol. Let me know is there any flag to be set to view the usercontrol.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Dhans, Sorry for the inconvenience. If you refresh the FlowLayout for the child controls of the user control in DockStateChanged event, it will work fine as you expected. I have modified your sample according your requirement. Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Vijay FormFilker.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 08:56 AM UTC

Is there any other way, like set some flag instead of call a FlowLayout function in UserControl.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 11:00 AM UTC

I have tried that to call PerformFlowLayout for Usercontrol''s FlowLayout control. After two child form added to main form, if i do resize the mainform the UserControl at the bottom of the child form not shown, some times partly visible. I have attached my sample, Please run the sample and let me know if i made mistake anywhere.

UseControl_Dock.zip

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 23, 2006 03:26 PM UTC

Hi Dhans, I have again modified your application to meet your requirement(subscribed to Resize event of Childform and called PerformLayout).Please go through that and let me know, if this works for you. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Joy

new.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2006 03:19 AM UTC

Thanks Joy, Again it does not work, from the solution you sent run the application (DO NOT maximize). and follow these steps, Click File->Add (In child form one button is missing coz of the size of the form in MDI parent) Now maximize the Main MDI Form (note the user control is not visible)

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team May 25, 2006 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Dhans, I have modified the sample.Changed the property AutoHeight of Layout to false.Please go through the attached sample and let me know,if I missed anything. Regards, Joy

modified sample.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2006 04:03 AM UTC

Thanks Joy, It solved the usercontrol problem!!! I have another issue in Creating new vertical tab group. In the same sample above, I can add multiple child forms to the main form. If right click on tab ->New Horizontal Tab Group it works fine, but for New Vertical Tab Group the new Tab group is not visible. Let me know if any property need to be set Regards, Dhans

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 29, 2006 06:14 AM UTC

Hi Dhans, This is a known issue # 1722 in v4.1.0.62 , this issue has been fixed and included in our Release Candidate of v.4.2 (v.4.2.0.27) which you can download from the following link: http://www.syncfusion.com/Downloads/latestversion.aspx Note: A new key is needed for unlocking this version. Please contact sales(salessupport@syncfusion.com) if you have not received a key. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2006 01:20 PM UTC

Thanks Seetha, Is there any work-around that i can do in this version(4.1) to fix that problem? Thanks, Dhans

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team June 1, 2006 03:41 PM UTC

Hi Dhans, Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident mentioning this forum link in the subject line?. We will try to provide a custom assembly including this fix. Thanks, Mano

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2006 05:40 AM UTC

Hi Dhans, Please open a incident under the Direct Trac account using your account ID and not under the Preview Syncfusion account. Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon