We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag a Line or Spline curve points

Hi, I have gone through the samples and documentation given along with the setup and Syncfusion chart is found to be great Control, satisfying most of requirements in our project. I would like to know if the following features are available too: 1. Is it possible to Drag any line or spline curve point displayed in graph area in any direction (only in 2D) ? i.e. i should be able to click on a displayed point and drag it and drop the point in new x,y position. 2. Is it possible to add additional Curves in Zoomed Chart control without reseting its zoom level ?. 3. Can a single Curve have multiple colors, it seems like Kagi type does it, but i need to define my own values for Varying color. i.e. If i need to draw a line with 6 points, i would like the first two points in a color, next 2 in another and so on... Could someone please clarify me these doubts ?.

4 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Ashok, 1,2. Yes. It is possible to drag a 2D line chart and drop the point in new x,y position. Please find attached the samples which demonstrates the drag drop and zoom features of Essential Chart. I believe I have not misunderstood your requirement in case of ZoomChart. If so, kindly let us know about your requirement in few more steps. F43607.zip 3. I am afraid that it is not possible to draw a line chart with more than one color. I have logged a feature request on this regard and will update you as soon as the feature is implemented. Please let me know if this helps you. Regards, Geetha

AK Ashok kumar April 28, 2006 06:49 AM UTC

Hi Geetha, Thanks for the clarification. Yes it helped me in great way to understand the features of Chart component. Its Great to know that drag is possible, But i hope there should be someway to indicate user that which point was selected for dragging, because in many occasions i was not able to identify i have selected a point or not.Anyway i hope it should be possible by me to fine tune it in event handler. About Zoom my doubt was in adding a new curve along with existing curve. When adding a point in chart is possible without changing zoom level i think adding a second curve should be possible too. Thanks a lot. Regards, Ashok

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 1, 2006 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Ashok, Sorry for misunderstanding your question regarding zoomed chart. 1. Yes. It is possible to get the point index of the series point that is selected for dragging. 2. Yes. You are right. It is possible to add a new curve to the chart without changing the zoom level of the chart. F43607_modified.zip Please refer the attached samples which illustrates the above and kindly let me know if this helps you. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Geetha

AK Ashok kumar May 2, 2006 06:53 AM UTC

Hi Geetha, Thanks a lot for samples. This answers my requirement. Thank you. Regards, Ashok

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon