We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I do a deployment of Essential PDF?

Dear Support, Please forgive me, but I''m a complete newbie to SyncFusion, and cannot understand the deployment process for an ASP.Net site. A 3rd party has built us a complicated ASP.Net application, of which PDF generation is just a small part. They used the eval copy of SyncFusion to develop it, but we have paid for developer licences (binary). We are getting to the point where we want to create the site on a production server. I have installed SyncFusion Essential PDF 4.1.0.50 on my machine, re-referenced the required Syncfusion components, and recompiled. The site works on my machine. Should I now A) install SyncFusion on the production server (to get required files into the GAC) B) use ''create local copy'' for the references, rebuild, and copy this to the production server (I can''t believe it would be that easy) C) somehow use the Assembly Manager to deploy the required components onto the production server? D) Something else entirely Thanks in advance for your help. Mike

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 08:20 PM UTC

Hi Mike, B, You would just need to copy the syncfusion assemblies into the bin folder during your deployment. Best regards, Stephen. >Dear Support, > >Please forgive me, but I''m a complete newbie to SyncFusion, and cannot understand the deployment process for an ASP.Net site. > >A 3rd party has built us a complicated ASP.Net application, of which PDF generation is just a small part. They used the eval copy of SyncFusion to develop it, but we have paid for developer licences (binary). We are getting to the point where we want to create the site on a production server. > >I have installed SyncFusion Essential PDF 4.1.0.50 on my machine, re-referenced the required Syncfusion components, and recompiled. The site works on my machine. > >Should I now > >A) install SyncFusion on the production server (to get required files into the GAC) > >B) use ''create local copy'' for the references, rebuild, and copy this to the production server (I can''t believe it would be that easy) > >C) somehow use the Assembly Manager to deploy the required components onto the production server? > >D) Something else entirely > >Thanks in advance for your help. > >Mike

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2006 03:41 AM UTC

So,
How do you deploy on ASP.NET where there is no binary (no bin directory)?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2006 05:26 AM UTC

OK, so I created the bin directory and put the required assemblies in. Everything works fine on my dev box but when uploaded to the shared hosting server, I get the error:

[PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.]

The following exceptions occur:
[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ''Syncfusion.Compression.Base,...
[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly ''Syncfusion.Compression.Base,...
[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly ''Syncfusion.Compression.Base,...

All of these exceptions give this:
Failed to grant minimum permission requests

I cannot set under in my shared hosting environment. Does Essential PDF require full trust?

RM Richard Measey February 15, 2007 09:12 AM UTC

I have the same problem of permissions on the server. I cannot even load the sample browser because of the error. Have you resolcved it? If so could you share it with me?

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team February 16, 2007 01:30 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

I regret for the inconvenience caused.

We are working on this issue.

I will update you on Monday with the solution.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team February 20, 2007 01:19 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

All of Syncfusion assemblies require full-trust, and it’s possible that this is causing the problem.

Please try the document attached below and let me know if this helps.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/AssemblySecurity_fc5b90b6.pdf

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon