We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

4.1.0.62 fails to install correctly

After uninstalling 3.2.1.0 and installing 4.1.0.62, the Syncfusion dlls are no longer located by Visual Studio. In fact picking "Run Sample" from the samples browser does not work, and complains that Syncfusion is not installed. ------ Build started: Project: TreeViewAdvDemo_2003, Configuration: Release .NET ------ Preparing resources... Updating references... Performing main compilation... C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDemo\CS\Form1.cs(18,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDemo\CS\Form1.cs(27,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDemo\CS\Form1.cs(361,55): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDemo\CS\Form1.cs(374,55): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDemo\CS\Form1.cs(383,64): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDemo\CS\Form1.cs(388,65): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDemo\CS\Form1.cs(421,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''TreeNodeAdv'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Build complete -- 7 errors, 0 warnings Building satellite assemblies... Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output is missing. ---------------------- Done ---------------------- Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

16 Replies

BC Ben Carter April 24, 2006 11:16 PM UTC

I tried using the assembly manager, selected "remove all versions". That ran fine, then tried "install version 4.1.0.62". It installed the 1.0 DLLs and then when it got to the 1.1 dlls it output "Unable to proceed due to invalid public assemblies location". The assembly manager log file ends with Information: Action: Installing assemblies to the Public Assemblies Folder status: Started Studio: 1.1 ERROR: Action: Installing assemblies to the Public Assemblies Folder status: , the public assemblies folder is not accessible or valid Studio: 1.1

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2006 03:54 PM UTC

Hi BenC, I suspect there is an issue with the VS.NET 2003 installation on your machine. Please perform the following checks : 1. Are you able to create and run simple applications using the standard Microsoft .NET controls in your VS.NET 2003 ? 2. Do you see Syncfusion assemblies and XML files in the following directory ? C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DD Dave Dean April 25, 2006 04:21 PM UTC

I had the same issue as Ben, though other people at our company had less difficulty. VS .NET 2003 is working fine, and we had no problems under a previous version of SyncFusion. We found a workaround though: 1. Create a folder in C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio, called Assemblies (for some reason it didn''t exist for me). 2. Copy the entire contents of C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Precompiledassemblies\4.1.0.62 into that new folder. At that point our project builds successfully.

BC Ben Carter April 25, 2006 04:26 PM UTC

>Hi BenC, > >I suspect there is an issue with the VS.NET 2003 installation on your machine. Please perform the following checks : > >1. Are you able to create and run simple applications using the standard Microsoft .NET controls in your VS.NET 2003 ? Yes, this works fine. >2. Do you see Syncfusion assemblies and XML files in the following directory ? > >C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies No, they are not installed there.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for the update. Please try the steps listed below and let me know if this helps : 1. Copy the Syncfusion assemblies in the folder C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Precompiledassemblies\4.1.0.62\1.1 to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies 2. Drag the Syncfusion assemblies (except democommon.dll and sourcecodetab.dll) from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies to the GAC. Note that the assemblies need to be dragged since copy-paste doesn''t work. The GAC is c:\windows\assembly on a Windows XP machine or c:\winnt\assembly on a Windows 2000 machine. Now try building and running any of our samples in VS.NET 2003 and let me know how it goes. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Ben, It would also be a good idea to open up the GAC and manually delete all Syncfusion assemblies in it before performing steps (1) and (2) outlined above. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

BC Ben Carter April 26, 2006 04:42 PM UTC

The 4.1.0.62 files were already in the GAC, by selecting properties it is possible to see where they point at, for example: file:///C:/Program Files/Syncfusion/Essential Studio/4.1.0.62/PreCompiledAssemblies/4.1.0.62/1.1/Syncfusion.Tools.Base.dll after the copy they point to: file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/syncfusion.tools.base.dll Also, there is no sourcecodetab.dll included anywhere that I see. After doing this the build of the included sample projects still fails, it can''t find the Syncfusion dlls. ------ Build started: Project: TreeViewAdvDragDrop_2003, Configuration: Release .NET ------ Preparing resources... Updating references... Performing main compilation... C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop\CS\Form1.cs(20,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop\CS\Form1.cs(29,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''Syncfusion'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop\CS\Form1.cs(34,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''TreeViewAdvDragHighlightTracker'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop\CS\Form1.cs(319,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''TreeNodeAdv'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop\CS\Form1.cs(363,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''TreeNodeAdv'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop\CS\Form1.cs(395,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''TreeNodeAdv'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop\CS\Form1.cs(452,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ''QueryAllowedPositionsEventArgs'' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Build complete -- 7 errors, 0 warnings Building satellite assemblies... Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output is missing. ---------------------- Done ----------------------

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 05:10 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for the update. Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I want you to confirm that the above mentioned steps were performed in the following sequence : - Delete all Syncfusion assemblies from the GAC (including 4.1xx.0.62) - Perform steps (1) and (2) stated above Assuming that the above sequence was followed, open up any of the Syncfusion samples in VS.NET 2003 and set the CopyLocal property for all Syncfusion assemblies to false. Make sure that they are all of version 4.101.0.62 and point to the following folder : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies Now rebuild and run them. Let me know how it goes. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

BC Ben Carter April 26, 2006 05:43 PM UTC

>Hi Ben, > >Thanks for the update. Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I want you to confirm that the above mentioned steps were performed in the following sequence : > >- Delete all Syncfusion assemblies from the GAC (including 4.1xx.0.62) >- Perform steps (1) and (2) stated above Yes, this is exactly what was done. >Assuming that the above sequence was followed, open up any of the Syncfusion samples in VS.NET 2003 and set the CopyLocal property for all Syncfusion assemblies to false. I''m assuming here that you are talking about the "References" section? They are all set to false already. > Make sure that they are all of version 4.101.0.62 and point to the following folder : > >C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies I''m not sure how to change this - CopyLocal is the only editable property, all others are greyed out. See attached image.

image4.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 06:15 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for the confirmation and the screenshot. In this sample the assemblies are not correctly linked in VS.NET 2003 and hence the Path property does not show up in the properties dialog. Please delete all Syncfusion references in VS.NET 2003 and re-add them from the following folder : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies Now the properties dialog and the solution explorer window in your VS.NET 2003 should appear as shown in the screesnshot attached here. Rebuild and run the sample and it should work fine. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

BC Ben Carter April 26, 2006 06:58 PM UTC

While this does appear to work for this specific project, it still does not let me run any of the other samples without going through this process for every single project. In particular choosing "run sample" from the sample browser will not work. Surely it is possible to have it update automatically? Previous versions of Syncfusion did not have this problem.

BC Ben Carter April 26, 2006 08:16 PM UTC

>1. Copy the Syncfusion assemblies in the folder > >C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\Precompiledassemblies\4.1.0.62\1.1 > >to > >C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies Just a comment - if this is the location where these files should be, why did the installer not copy them there itself during the install process?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 10:01 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for the update. Yes, in v4.1.x.x the Syncfusion assemblies are placed in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies folder and then its references are placed in the GAC during installation. Ideally, the installer should have automatically linked all the samples in the sample browser to these assemblies. However, I suspect the existence of previous versions of Essential Studio maybe causing some kind of interference during the installation process. Please provide me information on the different versions of Syncfusion Essential Studio and .NET frameworks (or VS.NET) installed on your machine. Also, try the following steps : 1. Delete all the Syncfusion references in the GAC 2. Delete all the contents of the folder C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1. If \Assemblies\1.1 dont exist, then create these folders. 3. Copy the contents of the folder C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\PrecompiledAssemblies\4.1.0.62\1.1 into C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 4. Drag all the Syncfusion assemblies (except DemoCommon.dll and SourceCodeTab.dll) into the GAC Now try the sample browser and let me know if this helps. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 10:03 PM UTC

Hi Ben, In (4) above, I am referring to the assemblies in the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 folder which need to be dragged into the GAC. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

BC Ben Carter April 28, 2006 04:49 PM UTC

>Hi Ben, > >Thanks for the update. Yes, in v4.1.x.x the Syncfusion assemblies are placed in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies folder and then its references are placed in the GAC during installation. Ideally, the installer should have automatically linked all the samples in the sample browser to these assemblies. > >However, I suspect the existence of previous versions of Essential Studio maybe causing some kind of interference during the installation process. Please provide me information on the different versions of Syncfusion Essential Studio and .NET frameworks (or VS.NET) installed on your machine. It used to have 3.2.1.0 of Essential Studio, and possibly some other version prior to that, but those were uninstalled prior to installing the current version. The machine does appear to have a copy of VS.NET 2002 installed, but I have never used it - all my work is done with VS.NET 2003. >Also, try the following steps : > >1. Delete all the Syncfusion references in the GAC > >2. Delete all the contents of the folder C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1. If \Assemblies\1.1 dont exist, then create these folders. > >3. Copy the contents of the folder C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.62\PrecompiledAssemblies\4.1.0.62\1.1 into C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 > >4. Drag all the Syncfusion assemblies (except DemoCommon.dll and SourceCodeTab.dll) into the GAC > >Now try the sample browser and let me know if this helps. Thanks for your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc. Great, this does make it work correctly again.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2006 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for the update. We are glad that this issue is resolved. Please let us know if you need any other information. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon