We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBox - Selected value diplayed as empty string

Hi, i) In GridControl I am binding a combox box during runtime. But the selected values becomes blank once I moved to other cell or row. I am using Syncfusion 2.0.5.1 Suite. ii)If I got that right then I need to set the value to Combobox based on DB value. Thanks Ravi.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2006 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Ravichandran, Attached is a sample which works fine in version 2.05 and also the combo box cell (combo box control and integrated ComboBox cell) were bound to a data source. Please take a look at the sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Grid\samples\CellTypes\ComboboxCells to know more on ComboBox cell types. Regards, Calvin.

434980.zip

RA Ravichandran May 2, 2006 10:41 AM UTC

Hi, Now I could able to populate the data using our datasource. But one more thing I want is that while populating the ComboBox should to position to the exact value as in my Datasource. ( right now combo is populated with data in alphabital order.) Eg. If the value from DB is GB---> then combo box should display the display member "England". pls reply me ASAP. Thanks & Regards Ravi >Hi Ravichandran, > >Attached is a sample which works fine in version 2.05 and also the combo box cell (combo box control and integrated ComboBox cell) were bound to a data source. Please take a look at the sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Grid\samples\CellTypes\ComboboxCells to know more on ComboBox cell types. > >Regards, >Calvin.

434980.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2006 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Ravichandran, I tried to reproduce the issue by changing the display member value in the data source but not able to see the mentioned issue. The combo box cell’s list box is getting populated in the same order as in the data source. Please change the GetTable method in the earlier sample as below and let me know how to see the issue in the sample, or please send a sample demonstrating the issue so that we can get back with a solution at the earliest. DataTable GetTable() { DataTable dt = new DataTable (); for(int i = 0; i< 5 ;i++) dt.Columns.Add("Column" + i); for(int j = 0; j< 5 ;j++) { DataRow row = dt.NewRow(); for(int i = 0; i< 5 ;i++) row[i] = Convert.ToChar(69-j)+"Cell" + j +"," + i; dt.Rows.Add(row); } dt.AcceptChanges(); return dt; } Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon