We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

pasting more cells than copied

I looked around the samples, forums and knowledge bases for awhile but could not find any info on this. I want to do what Excel does: select one or more cells, copy those cells, then select a bigger rectangle of dimensions that are a multiple of the copied rectangle, and then paste, having the copied rectangle repeatedly pasted to fill the paste rectangle. Is there an option for this? If not, any suggestions on how I could do this manually and are there plans for this in a future release? Thanks, Terry

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 8, 2003 02:48 PM UTC

Take a look at the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\In Depth\ExcelSelectionMarker sample. It has a mousecontroller class that will let you drag the lower right corner of a selected range. It does not actually copy anything to the new selected range, but you can catch this action and do whatever to the ranges involved.

TF Terry Foster May 8, 2003 05:27 PM UTC

I did miss that one, but what about simple Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V functionality to do what I described above? Any built-in options for this? Thanks, Terry

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 8, 2003 06:21 PM UTC

Take a look at the grid.Model.CutPaste class. It has methods like Copy, Paste, CopyRange, ... that you can use to programatically copy and paste cells.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon