We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewAdv redraw bug when programatically expanding.

Hi there, I have following problem. When I programatically expand selected node, after call of EndUpdate tree is not repainted. Is this a bug, or maybe I do something wrong? Here is the code: private void miExpandAll_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { TreeNodeAdv tn = tv.SelectedNode; if ( tn == null ) return; tv.BeginUpdate(); tn.ExpandAll(); tv.EndUpdate(); }

6 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 03:18 PM UTC

Hi Krunoslav, I am afraid, BeginUpdate method will stop the painting of the control untill EndUpdate method is executed. If we expand the tree between these two methods, TreeViewAdv will not show the expanded nodes. Inorder to avoid this problem, you have to call the ExpandAll method after BeginUpdate/EndUpdate methods. If this behavior is not desirable, could you please let me know the exact usage scenario of these methods(BeginUpdate/EndUpdate) in your application and let me know your Essential Studio version? Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Vijay

KL Krunoslav Leljak April 25, 2006 11:26 AM UTC

Well after EndUpdate() tree control should be redrawn correctly (right?), but it isn''t. Also when I call TreeView.Refresh() afterwards it is still not redrawn correctly. I suppose this is really a bug. ExpandAll without BeginUpdate..EndUpdate block looks very ugly on large trees. It worked correctly in previous versions of Syncfusion.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team April 25, 2006 03:02 PM UTC

Hi Krunoslav, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please let me know the Essential Studio version number currently you are using? Thanks, Vijay

KL Krunoslav Leljak April 26, 2006 01:57 PM UTC

The version with problems is 4.1.0.62 >Hi Krunoslav, > >Sorry for the inconvenience caused. > >Could you please let me know the Essential Studio version number currently you are using? > >Thanks, >Vijay

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 03:37 PM UTC

Hi Krunoslav, This is an already known issue and it has been fixed internally. The patch for this issue is available now. If you need a patch for this issue, please create a Direct trac incident regarding this forum. Thanks, Vijay

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team June 6, 2006 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Krunoslav, The fix for the "TreeViewAdv does not refresh when we call Collapse/Expand method" has been included in our Final release of v.4.2(v.4.2.0.37) . And you can download the same from the following link: 4.2VFinalRelease Let me know if you need any further assistance. Thanks for your interest in Essential Tools. Regards, Deepa

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon