We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Application refuse to close when using splitter

Hello, the sample in attachment shows a strange behaviour when using a grid control with splitter. Please read ReproductionSteps.doc document containted in the zip to reproduce the problem. The code in attachment is simple and we were not able to tell if we are missing something or it is a splitter bug. Thank you in advance Riccardo

Splitter_2005.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2006 09:51 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo, Could you try this code to close the form.Here is a code snippet. public const int SC_CLOSE = 0xF060; public const int WM_SYSCOMMAND = 0x0112; protected override void WndProc(ref System.Windows.Forms.Message m) { if (m.Msg == WM_SYSCOMMAND && (int)m.WParam == SC_CLOSE) { this.Close(); this.Dispose(); } base.WndProc(ref m); } Here is a modified sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Splitter_2005_fbc74c1.zip Let us know if this helps. Regards, Haneef

RT Riccardo Tarli April 21, 2006 11:01 AM UTC

Thanks a lot Haneef for your quick reply. Yes, it works. However we assume this is a workaround. In our project Syncfusion grid is encapsulated in a User Control. Therefore each application that potentially use this control must override the WndProc of the form. I know, this is not a big code change, however we would like not introduce any side effect in any hosting application. Is this a bug that will be fixed in the near future? Should I open a Direct Track incident? Thank you Riccardo

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2006 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo, Thanks for your update. I have contacted the development team regarding this issue and will update you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2006 01:37 PM UTC

Thank you very much Haneef. Riccardo

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2006 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo, We regret for the inconvenience caused. We were able to see the issue here and I have logged a bug report. You could track the progress of the issue here: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1955 Thanks for your patience, Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon